Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Does PGC deserve a license increase?

Old 01-30-2007, 08:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Does PGC deserve a license increase?

I'm on board for an increase. If you buy every possible license and several doe or DMAP tags, you still havent paidasmuch as yu would to go to a hockey or football game.

The only ones fighting an increase are those like BH saying "pay my share too". It's truly sad that the "pay my share for me" menatlity is becoming so prevalent in our society. It's a shame that the food stamp crowd has that much influence on our politicians.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:36 AM

TChicken, come on! The "I know" but, I won't post any names of facts, stuff is childish at best. It fits right in with, "a preacher I know saw two truckloads of coyotes being unloaded and he wouldn't lie."
If a WCO cited three guys for littering, I guarantee you it was for more than a shell casing. What's "the rest of the story?"

Many of these ridiculous examples are pure fantasy. Do these people really believe WCO's are different from everyone else who goes to work to do a job?Is there a conspiracy involving thousands of PGC, (and DCNR) employees?
Did some foreign enemy brainwash and drug them to be Jihadist against their fellow citizens? Come on grown people, These are your neighbors, cousins, andnormal, everyday guys and women.

The simple fact is that some are happy with game management and some are not. But the infantile "real true stories" that imply wide-spread conspiracies are nothing more than a pathetic way to justify being pizzed at PGC.

Old 01-31-2007, 06:48 AM

set by their job performance
Seems fair to me. Many of these folks do all-night stake outs, take phone calls 20 hours a day, are questioned every time they go out in public, and are expected to remove evything from skunks to night crawlers from people's homes. Put it all on the time card and their wages ought to go up by about 20k per year.

The pheasant (foreign species) reintroduction program is one that "part of" the hunting fraternity finds worthy. I don't much care, but even so, I support promoting this game species,"if" it can stand on it's own financially -- like you enmphasize so much Bailey.

As for the deer herd, many would say "yes" it is worthy of a general license increase.

has the Gc replaced worn equipment with newer more efficent equipment?????
Let me see, a 8 year old Explorer with 120,000 miles is worth how much?
And to trade it in for a new one would be how much? Gee, don't know why $25,000 loss on one vehincle should be a problem.

Old 01-31-2007, 07:22 AM

Ya need to be familar with what kind of vehicle can haul dead deer, all sorts of displays for public appearances (no wages involved) and stand the rigors of rugged terrain.
Also, no one said the "questions" were negative. many hunters want to be informed, make comments and generally be knowledgeable.
You also should check up on the requirements for being a deputy. I don't think it was the PGC that set those requirements, I think it was the legislators.
But from what was described to me, it has become so involved that it is no longer feasible for the average guy to donate so much time to be a deputy. You, of course, "know" there are no wages for volunteer deputies don't you?
Old 01-31-2007, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sproul,I have a full size silverado and it gets no worse gas mileage that the S10's that I owned.I owned a couple of Nissan's during the 90's and they were gas hogs,even the 4 cylinder.Double the cost to repair a full size silverado vs an S10?No way.You're off your rocker.I'm no mechanic but Ipay the service bills and I call B.S on that statement.Go ahead and raise the bear tags to $100 so you can see how much money the PGC will lose.Fines should be raised but that's a legislative move.Contact them and see what they say.

You guys are funny.You complain about the money they spend but then turn around and compalin about poachers and the way they treat their deputies.How do their deputies get treated poorly?Don't they pay them enough?Is that what you mean?I have too good friends that are depuites and you're correct,they don't make squat but they do the job anyway.Shoud they make more money?Who's gonna pay for it?They have a bunch of vacant districs open right now and they won't be filled anytime soon.So who suffers?It isn't the PGC.It's the sportsman

Iknow several WCO's and several deputies andI have the utmost respect for each one of them.They work a thankless job and don't get paid squat for the hours they put in.Most of the ones I know do alot of work off the clock and actually spend their own money doing it.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sproul, DougE is absolutely correct. I also own a full size silverado and I haven't met one S10 owner who gets any better mileage than I do. Repairs on the smaller trucks often cost MORE than the full size.

You and BH know better than to try and make an issue out of the vehicles the PGC uses. What do you guys expect a WCO or F&C employee to drive? The varied duties of each requires a 4wd of reasonable size.Do you expect them to haul road killsand travel logging roads in aCivic?
Old 01-31-2007, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

No they don't but they're running out of nonsense to spread.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:41 AM

I hope you arent putting me in the catagory (way to many hunters) expect this an that.What I dont expect is to buy a license from these folks(g/c)and go look at trees all day long. The blanket approach was the wrong way to go with the h/r and their staying the same in 07. Someone better wake up here.[:@]
Old 01-31-2007, 08:52 AM

ORIGINAL: 3 gobblers

I hope you arent putting me in the catagory (way to many hunters) expect this an that.What I dont expect is to buy a license from these folks(g/c)and go look at trees all day long. The blanket approach was the wrong way to go with the h/r and their staying the same in 07. Someone better wake up here.[:@]
FINALLY, someone is making sense. Change the deer seasons or drastically reduce the doe allocation in specific areas that have been hit hard. Increase the number of pheasant allocation (maybe even a pheasant stamp) and I will have no problem for a license increase. I would have no problem paying $100.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Many hunters feel 2G got hit the hardest with HR.How did the PGC respond?The slashed allocation from 52000 in 2004 to 29000 in 2005 to 19000 in 2006.What blanket approach are you guys talking about and what adjustments haven't been made?Do you guys have information that allocation won't be reduced in some WMU's this year?

Lets see, and I may be off but it costs the PGC about $14 a bird.Two birds would more than pay for your lisence and you have hundreds of thousands of public land to hunt.Sounds like a good deal to me.I sit hear in disbelief wondering how anyone could expect the PGC to actually release farm raised birds to kill.

Quick Reply: Does PGC deserve a license increase?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.