Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

END OF LONG ISLAND SEASON

Old 12-31-2006, 04:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default END OF LONG ISLAND SEASON

HOPE ALL DID WELL HERE ON LONG ISLAND LETS SEE WHAT YOU GOT ON LONG ISLAND....
Old 12-31-2006, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: END OF LONG ISLAND SEASON

I used to live on LI, where do you go hunting there, out in Suffolk county?
Old 01-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

I LIVE IN SUFFOLK AND GO OUT EAST i let a few small young bucks walk but nothin to impress in manorville.. i did see a nice BIG buck once in montauk but didnt have me a shot. he stayed right in the woods at 30 yards and didnt come out he was a BIG 10... there is always next year if he dont get taking during the shotgun season in january
Old 01-02-2007, 01:35 PM
Fork Horn

This one was supposed to have been killed on LI this season.

Old 01-02-2007, 01:50 PM
Fork Horn

have not heard anything yet on that monster..... i am sure i would of heard something, either way that is a beauty
Old 01-02-2007, 01:58 PM

ORIGINAL: DJBAD

I LIVE IN SUFFOLK AND GO OUT EAST i let a few small young bucks walk but nothin to impress in manorville.. i did see a nice BIG buck once in montauk but didnt have me a shot. he stayed right in the woods at 30 yards and didnt come out he was a BIG 10... there is always next year if he dont get taking during the shotgun season in january
do you hunt private or public land? i only went out east once to the pine barrens. saw a lot of sign but no deer that morning.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:53 PM
Fork Horn

i hunt the state land from oct1st to the 31st some times most of the times i am on property that is not posted.. in montauk i am on state land, hither hills etc. i cant do the check in and out stuff to much
Old 01-07-2007, 01:43 PM
Fork Horn

I just got back into bowhuntingafter notdeer hunting for 7 or8years. Did not get out as much as I had hoped. No bucks, passed on a nice doe at 16yds and hada huge turkey at 25yds.No season for them on L.I. Next season I plan to start early with some pre season scouting,hit it hard the first couple days and then take some time off inthe first halfof November.I guess surf fishing will get a little less attention next year.

I would love to try a couple of 3-D shoots if anyone knows of some on the island or close enough to do a day trip let me know.

Paul
Old 01-08-2007, 05:22 AM
Spike

Paul: I know of a club in Huntington "Suffork Archers" I belonged to the club many years ago. The club was a great place to shoot and meet some great hunters. I'm a avaid bowhunter looking forward to doing alot more nowthat I retired. Check out the web site of Suffolk Archers you'll be surprized
Jack
Old 01-08-2007, 08:48 AM
Fork Horn

I was supposed to have my first suffolk Hunt this year withthe guy who covers that area for my website. Unfortunately, he was sick most of the year, so I didn't get to go out there on the days I had off. Definately looking forward ot it next year. HE is having a party at his house with a bow shoot for all the members and I can't wait to check out his porperty.

Quick Reply: END OF LONG ISLAND SEASON

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.