Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

deer seasons in PA

Old 12-27-2006, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default deer seasons in PA

We all know that in deep snow and sometimes in the winter months it's not a good thing for deer to expend alot of energy.I'm wondering if the two week season compared to the three day season puts more stress and used energy on the deer for the upcoming winter months?With the added two weeks and an added muzzleloader season they get chased more these a days.Having said that smallgame hunters have always been in the woods so the ML season probably doesn't factor in.
What do you guys think?A non factor or factor?
Old 12-27-2006, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: deer seasons in PA

id say they are fine we usually dont have a extremly large amount of snow here the time muzzleloader rolls around they usually have ample food and are not having to conserve to much. now if muzzleloader ran a lil later than it does i think we would have some issues. I'll say no.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: germain

We all know that in deep snow and sometimes in the winter months it's not a good thing for deer to expend alot of energy.I'm wondering if the two week season compared to the three day season puts more stress and used energy on the deer for the upcoming winter months?With the added two weeks and an added muzzleloader season they get chased more these a days.Having said that smallgame hunters have always been in the woods so the ML season probably doesn't factor in.
What do you guys think?A non factor or factor?
They are chased less today then they were in the past when stress is the highest, post rut. Previoiusly they were chased for 2 weeks of buck and then again for the 3 days of doe, now it's only 2 weeks.

Old 12-27-2006, 10:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

makes sense guys.They probably were chased just as much in the two week buck season plus the three day doe season.I wasn't thinking too much on that one.