Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Mass Muzzleloader 1 Week

Old 12-27-2006, 07:21 AM

Default RE: Mass Muzzleloader 1 Week

Definitley tough. The public land is hit heavy during shotgun. The private land well the large majority oflandowners put most of it off limits.(Damn Dems.)I'll be at it early next year now that I'm back in the game. Once the season closes I'll be picking up a new bow and replacing the old gear associated with my early twenties.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I went w/ the shotgun... the place was covered w/ orange. It was kindof different standing on the beach in my orange w/ the 20 gauge!
Ever hunt anywhere else in the state?

Old 12-27-2006, 07:54 AM

Grew up on 500 acres in Hunterdon County, N.J. Pheasants, duck, geese, deer we had it all. Great hunting on soybean, corn, alfalfa. People think I'm joking when I say "Saw 70+doe and 10 Bucks today" I got spoiled with all of the opportunities in the area. College sent me to the Adirondacks to study Forestry. I hunted there as well. Much tougher there with much less deer and more rugged terrain. Grouse were always alot of fun as well. Graduation sent me to Nantucket for a summer of booze and women before entering the real world. The fishing was as great as the women so I stayed. Now I work for a Surveying and Engineering firm when I'm not running the Miss Conduct my charter boat. My part time mate who hunts got me pumped up this fall and since then the fire has begun to turn into an inferno.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:37 AM
Fork Horn

When it Hot its Hot. My inferno has only really gotten "Hard Core" past 6 years or so after meeting a buddy from Kingston, Ma on a bear hunt in Maine. He had 250 ac in NY and it was loaded with deer. Thats started the the strict obsession and put duck hunting in the past. Now I hunt deer about 50 days a year in MA. No more NY as my buddy passed at 36. But since then I have seen deer galore in MA. He is watching over me and sending the deer my way with out a doubt. I do love upland hunting in between the morning & night deer hunts. I love watching my dogs work with all their excitment of searching for a scent "Fix" to make their day. Just had a litter so I will have 3 dogs in the field next year, Mother, Daughter, & Granddaughter!

I do miss fishing in the summer. Nothing like the ocean because you never know what you'll catch.