Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

"PA deer mismanagement"

Old 12-20-2006, 06:30 AM

Default RE: "PA deer mismanagement"

"Hardwood", where have you been? My position with USP has been known on this forum for years. Just ask Denny F. Also, what I posted was not from Jim Slinsky. If USP members are "morons" (your words)that must make you far superior. I've always found that people who put others down and call them names are usually people who have an inferior complex.You should consult a doctor. Perhaps he can help you out, though I must tell you that it will probably take years oftherapy. Hang in there, as there is hope. It's a long shot, but keep the faith.

So you had a great season. Sixty % private land, and 40 % public. Would you mind posting the coordinates for the public land as well as the address of the private land so we can verify your telling the truth?

Actually, your rant is uninteligable and childish. Please post again when you calm down and canpresent some facts.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've always found that people who put others down and call them names are usually people who have an inferior complex.
Thevery next linesure looks like one of those put downs to me....

You should consult a doctor. Perhaps he can help you out, though I must tell you that it will probably take years oftherapy. Hang in there, as there is hope. It's a long shot, but keep the faith.
So, do you have an inferiority complex?

Oh, and then there's this little gem.....

So you had a great season. Sixty % private land, and 40 % public. Would you mind posting the coordinates for the public land as well as the address of the private land so we can verify your telling the truth?
This line certainly plays into the claim that the USP types want a bunch of deer placed in their lap. PAhardwoods has obviuosly put time into the sport he loves and so you want the easy way into his hard earned spot.
Getout there and scout your own hunting spot!
Old 12-20-2006, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I totally disagree with the habitat issue. Sure, we had way too many deer in most cases and they needed thinned down. However, and I think I mentioned this in a different post, our property was probably worse than any area in the state at one point. I'm not kidding. We have 600 acres and at one point, it wasn't too difficult to see 20-30 deer a day. Sometimes many more. However, we select cut our property in different areas every several years. We did knock the population back quite a bit, but we still have more deer than we should. We had biologist come and give us a blueprint on what we needed to do to sustain a healthy population. The first words out of his mouth was log it, open the canopy up and let the undergrowth grow up. We do not have a "browse line". Its simply common sense.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:26 AM

"BTB" I must have touched your sore spot. Oh well!
Old 12-20-2006, 12:41 PM

I guess it really depends on what county you're going to hunt in. Some guys have seen a lot of nice bucks where they live. I live in Pike county. I consider myself an average deer hunter. I don't expect to see 30 deer a day but I can tell you there aren't very many deer left where we hunt on public land. Hardly any tracks, rubs or scrapes. There are deer just not many. When you have to sit a week for your kid to kill a button buck during rifle season things are pretty bad.I would just like to see them seperate doe and buck season and I think it would make a big difference. Most guys aren't going to take off to doe hunt unless they have kids that didn't get a deer.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:48 PM
Typical Buck

Why do you guys think the USP members shoot 5 BB when they pledge to shoot one DEER ?

Old 12-20-2006, 03:19 PM

ORIGINAL: lost horn

Why do you guys think the USP members shoot 5 BB when they pledge to shoot one DEER ?

Lost Horn I never said it was the Unified Sportsmen members that want to shoot 5 button bucks. I just said there are some out there. Now I do now for a fact there are some USofPA members in my area that want basically a deer behind every tree. And don't care what the overall herd health is like. The only thing they care about is slinging lead at deer.[:'(]
Old 12-20-2006, 03:23 PM

So Lost Horn are you the one and only Jim Slinsky since you don't list your name and hide your birthdate and list alink to the Slinsky Drivel.[:'(]
Old 12-20-2006, 06:16 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: PA Hardwoods

So Lost Horn are you the one and only Jim Slinsky since you don't list your name and hide your birthdate and list alink to the Slinsky Drivel.[:'(]
No I hate to pop your bubble but I am not Jim, could you be Gary Alt behind that mask ?
Old 12-20-2006, 06:49 PM

"Beer is proof that GOD loves us and wants us to be happy."

No, he hides because he's a beer drinker. A manly trait among his ilk. (And he's proud of it.)

Quick Reply: "PA deer mismanagement"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.