Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Delaware DNREC

Old 01-17-2007, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Delaware DNREC

Rick,
See you there.At least one other guy will be there from our hunting farm.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Old 01-28-2007, 09:54 PM

Wish I would've found you guys before the meeting today. Sort of stumbled upon the site getting ready this morning. Anyway, I thought the QDMA was excellent today. As far as the MH being offered special hunts, I think was an afterthought. More of an effort to get the right PR out there for a managed hunt. There was a lot of evidence today that the MH pool is going to be used more in the future. And the bill about farmers shooting all year never made it. DNREC talked about it today. There is however a new severe deer damage program to help farmers who are really getting hit hard.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

Jim those managed hunts are being geered to the Master Hunter Program. It looks like to me you have be a certified Master Hunter to partisipate in them hence why I was there.
I saw Al (AJ52) there, too bad we couldn't meet. Maybe at the next one. I'm going to attend the advanced Bowhunting courseand maybe a ML courseand I will have all I need to be certified. Bill told me it's on the web site but I can't find it anywhere. He said to call him while on line and we'll see if we can't find it together. He's a very helpful guy. Anyway that one is supposed to be in Sryma.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:22 AM

Here is the schedule Rickmur. http://www.fw.delaware.gov/NR/rdonlyres/A6E80110-D511-41D6-96E4-A9058BD284EF/0/Schedule2007200818JAN07anddirections.pdf
Old 01-29-2007, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

DJ,
Thanks for the link.Finding specific info on that site can be a pain in the Butt.I printed it

I've been to 4-5 QDMA classes,schools,seminars over the years in various locations in Kent and Sussex from a firehall to my old high school.Sunday was the largest turnout I've ever seen - Thats a great thing for hunters and F&W.

Very informative and educational.I always pick up something new at these meetings.We had 4 of 6 guys that hunt or will be hunting our Deer farm attend the school.

I'm attending hunter safety in Feb(long lost my original card) and 2 addt'l classes,send in my app and I should be good to go as Master Hunter.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

AJ I wish I had known about it in time I would've attended it, didnt have anything better to do , just bummed around all day, I havent talked to Rick lately, I could have spent a day at the R&R building. I have to go down tomorrow I have a meeting with Chazz..so one more trip to Dover no big deal...
Old 01-29-2007, 08:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

I told you about it Ron, you said no.DJ, I talked to Bill today and he led me to the schedule but thanks anyway, saved it in my favorites and reserved a spot for the advanced bowhunting course on 4/21 & 4/22. ML and shotgun have yet to be anounnced but will attend those also.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ron,

Say Hi to Chazz for me.

BTW - I have some good pictures of you from the awards Banq.
Did you get any of those? If not let me know I could e-mail - or - walk down the hall and ask my wife Pat if she could e-mail. Al
Old 01-30-2007, 06:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I didnt see Pat today and I was in her neighborhood, I left Chazz at 3'30 and went meet with Rob Line until around 4 when I left then talked to Chazz again and then Gregg and Esther and a couple others , I have not seen any pictures of the Banquet, but you sure took a lot of them... Rick you asked me about a Master hunter I didnt think this was what that was about, but I might change my mind on that after talking to some Wildlife guys today, next year they will be utilized on special hunts in our park system.....

Quick Reply: Delaware DNREC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.