Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

A good story about our WCOs.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default A good story about our WCOs.

I've been posting and reading on here about or game commission officers and notice that people have had their share of complaints about some of them in the past. Well, I figured I'd post a story about a great experience my father had with two extremely nice WCOs from huntingdon county. The first Saturday of rifle my Dad took a nice size doe and drug it straight up a hill side to a field. He was still a good three quarters of a mile back in and was going to leave the doe there and walk back to the truck and grab his game cart to make the trek easier. Upon reaching the field he noticed two WCO's standing there dropping off road kill and began talking. After congratulating him they asked him how he planned on getting it out. If informed them of his intentions to walk back to the truck and then walk back in to get his deer. They then told him "No need to do that, we'll drag it out for you !!!". This is by far above and beyond the call of duty for these two gentleman and truley shows how they care about fellow hunters and are willing to lend a hand. I know they'll probably never read this but I just wanted to extend a well deserved thank you from myself for helping my father like that, it really adds a bright spot to hunting here in Pa. The next time you see a WCO out in the field please don't be so quick to judge them and take the time to thank them for what they do for all hunters. Remember, we take it for granted but while we spend these 2 weeks hunting they are on the job while their guns sit at home.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:26 AM
jf5

Default RE: A good story about our WCOs.

Nice story. Good people come in all walks of life.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:59 AM

I wishI could report such good behavior about the DWCO whom checked me. I killed an archery buck and severalanterless deer this year, so on the first day of rifle I was not carrying a weapon other than a 4' branch while helping to drive deer on our farm to family members. On the last drive for the day I stood it out waiting by the roadside till the drive was over. 2 DWCO pulled off the road and approached me...asked to see my gun( I explained whyI didn't have one) then they asked for my backtag and identification (whichI supplied)...here comes the good part....the younger of the two states he must check my pockets for ammo..I said no you won't I want a female officer to do the "pat down".He says he has the right to force me to comply to his "patting"..I was about to put my knee in his groin when my uncle and cousin came into view and I called them to come quick!!! Suddenly the contents of my inner layer of silk were of no interest to them and they left in a hurry. Muy uncle got the tag #off their Dark BlueFord 250 4x4 PU TK andI am lwaiting on a reply from my cousin the attorney in the family. ( OH yes! I forgot he has it all on video too! Including the "bird salute" the older DWCO gave him when he said what his intentions were with the video) EC
Old 12-05-2006, 11:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for posting a good guy story. We tend to hear the bad stuff more often because people dont tell the story as often when they're happy as they do when they're angry.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:43 AM

EC,

Please feel free to contact me or have your lawyer contact me. Behavior such as you describe is not condoned or tolerated.

Joe Neville
PGC Legislative Liaison
717-705-6635
[email protected]
Old 12-05-2006, 11:57 AM

Neville: I am certain it is not condoned or tolerated by the PGC. What does bother me is representatives from the PGC acted asthis to me. How many other females have been gropped by this pair and are afraid to standup to the PGC ordon't think the embarassment of making an issueabout this behavior is worth the trouble?
'Cuz doesn't want me to talk about it so I won't at this level beyond what I have already typed.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:03 PM

EC,

I was just trying to help. In my role in working with our elected officials, I like to solve problems and if you need help - I'm available. If what you say is true - it needs to be addressed.

Joe
Old 12-05-2006, 12:05 PM

thank you and it will be,of that you may be certain
Old 12-07-2006, 04:44 PM
Host of Hosts

The next time you see a WCO out in the field please don't be so quick to judge them and take the time to thank them for what they do for all hunters. Remember, we take it for granted but while we spend these 2 weeks hunting they are on the job while their guns sit at home.
I'll have to agree with you. I met one of the WCO's from this site down in Elk County on the first day of the gun season. He was a great guy, very helpful and knowledgable. Some of you know him as RSB.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: eagle chickie

I killed an archery buck and severalanterless deer this year, so on the first day of rifle I was not carrying a weapon other than a 4' branch while helping to drive deer on our farm to family members.

I said no you won't I want a female officer to do the "pat down".He says he has the right to force me to comply to his "patting"..I was about to put my knee in his groin when my uncle and cousin came into view and I called them to come quick!!!
"several antlerless deer",

Just admit, you bragged about killing 5 button bucks on purpose, and

Your the lucky one here, had you followed through and sent a knee the groin the state police would then have you on the ground with handcuffs....with the second officer as a witness he had every right to check you regardless and you were absolutely in the wrong. Of course with the approach of the othe members of your family the made a smart choice as to the circumstance was worth the debate. They were right, you were absolutley wrong!.

Quick Reply: A good story about our WCOs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.