Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

A good story about our WCOs.

Old 12-11-2006, 06:04 PM

Default RE: A good story about our WCOs.

I understand that former PGCExecutive Director Vern Ross was working in the capacity of Deputy Game Warden in Bradford county this rifle season.
Now, Vern is a real gentlemen. Perhaps more DGW's will follow is lead.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:55 AM

several antlerless deer",

Just admit, you bragged about killing 5 button bucks on purpose, and

Your the lucky one here, had you followed through and sent a knee the groin the state police would then have you on the ground with handcuffs....with the second officer as a witness he had every right to check you regardless and you were absolutely in the wrong. Of course with the approach of the othe members of your family the made a smart choice as to the circumstance was worth the debate. They were right, you were absolutley wrong!.
This is just what I was thinking. eagle chickie,Just like all the otherWCO bashers, you are to quick to get defensive. Just let them do their job.Big deal they wanted to check your pockets. What did you have to hide?
Old 12-12-2006, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: eagle chickie

I killed an archery buck and severalanterless deer this year, so on the first day of rifle I was not carrying a weapon other than a 4' branch while helping to drive deer on our farm to family members.

I said no you won't I want a female officer to do the "pat down".He says he has the right to force me to comply to his "patting"..I was about to put my knee in his groin when my uncle and cousin came into view and I called them to come quick!!!
"several antlerless deer",

Just admit, you bragged about killing 5 button bucks on purpose, and

Your the lucky one here, had you followed through and sent a knee the groin the state police would then have you on the ground with handcuffs....with the second officer as a witness he had every right to check you regardless and you were absolutely in the wrong. Of course with the approach of the othe members of your family the made a smart choice as to the circumstance was worth the debate. They were right, you were absolutley wrong!.
I agree with Rob here. From what you stated they just wanted to check your pockets (by the way, this is common for them to do). Why should you be held to higher standards than any other male hunter just because you're a female. It sounds like you just hate WCOs in general and get defensive as soon as one of them tries to do his or her job. I'm sure if they were both female you would have found some other reason to cause a big scene. If you would have just emptied your pockets I'm sure it would have all ended there. I'll make this real simple. You hunt, hunting has rules, WCOs enforce those rules, A WCO asks to see what's in your pockets so you show them. They leave end of story. It's funny how you turn "checking your pockets for ammo" into them worrying about your "inner layers of silk"...besides...who the heck wears silk hunting anyway. The reason they probably left so quick is they didn't feel like putting up with a half a$$ed legal battle over someone who is just vindictive against WCOs, I for one don't blame them at all.

Old 12-12-2006, 07:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Does anyone find it interesting that when a PGCrepresentative expressed an interest in investigating this "incident" we suddenly clammed up?

Don't hold your breath waiting to see this case come out. Not because of some cover up but based on the credibility she's established here,it's doubtful thatthe "incident" ever happened
Old 12-12-2006, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Does anyone find it interesting that when a PGCrepresentative expressed an interest in investigating this "incident" we suddenly clammed up?

Don't hold your breath waiting to see this case come out. Not because of some cover up but based on the credibility she's established here,it's doubtful thatthe "incident" ever happened
BTB, I noticed the EXACT same thing. I meanshe wasbasically given a key to investigate to the fullest extent (something that usually takes weeks of phonecalls to get) and then didn't take advantage of it. Sounds a little fishy to me.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:30 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: bearklr

I agree with Rob here. From what you stated they just wanted to check your pockets (by the way, this is common for them to do). Why should you be held to higher standards than any other male hunter just because you're a female. ....

NoI didn't clam up I don't feelI needed to defend my actions on a message board. That is until I read the above quote...what year do you think this is 1945???? I and every other female has EVERY right to request any search of my person by a female officer...ask an officer!
Don't embarass yourself thru ignorance of the law.
How would you like for your wife or sister to be pushed up against a tree told to spread them and have an "Officer of the Law" run his hands over her???????????? Yeah that's what I thought too!
Old 12-12-2006, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

How would you like for your wife or sister to be pushed up against a tree told to spread them and have an "Officer of the Law" run his hands over her???????????? Yeah that's what I thought too!
Ahhhh...how amazingly convenient of you to add such graffic detail at opportune moments in the thread to make what you did seem acceptable. Funny how what would normally be the heart of this experience for a woman doesn't make it's appearance in your posts until someone calls you out on it. Hmmmmmm. Last time I chacked your post (which I based my reply on by the way) it simply mentioned he wanted to see if you had shells in your pockets. If I was out with my wife and he wanted to see what was in her pockets go for it. Alas, I'm sure another key piece of info will surface in your next post that further substantiates this claim. Funny how the first post he was checking your pockets
he must check my pockets for ammo
and now he has you spread eagle against a tree. I can't wait for chapter two of this story.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:41 AM

What difference would it make if she had a few shells in her pocket. If there were no firearm present there would be no violation.

Doesn't there have to be "Probable Cause" before an officer can conduct a search of one's person? What "Probable Cause" coulds she have displayed? Assaulting a deer with a stick?

Remember the MAT Commission's statement that the PGC is a Law Enforcement agency that does a little bit of Wildlife work.

Old 12-12-2006, 12:03 PM

what he omits from his "logic" is the basic right to not have a male officer touch you as a female...and that I requested a female officer to do the pat down.
If he gets his kicks from watching another man run his hands over his wife'sjeans and into her pockets ...well I'll bet there's a peep hole or two in his bedroomcloset door too.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: eagle chickie

what he omits from his "logic" is the basic right to not have a male officer touch you as a female...and that I requested a female officer to do the pat down.
If he gets his kicks from watching another man run his hands over his wife'sjeans and into her pockets ...well I'll bet there's a peep hole or two in his bedroomcloset door too.
man...you are getting really good at inserting words to make yourself seem rational. Do me a favor...quote the line where I said "If he wanted to reach in my wifes pockets then go for it". Oh wait, you can't, I forgot you made that up. I DID say if he wanted to know what was in my wifes pockets then go for it. You see, my wife has two hands and unbelievably they both fit in her pockets so logic would tell me she could empty them herself. As far as getting "my kicks" off of watching other men with my wife and having peepholes in my closet doors it's good to see that you have run out of valid points so must resort to ridicule. Have fun inserting, changing, modifying or editing away. Whatever you need to do to make an attempt at a valid point.

Quick Reply: A good story about our WCOs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.