Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

HUNTER HARRASSMENTS INCREASING

Old 12-15-2006, 06:29 AM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: HUNTER HARRASSMENTS INCREASING

You think it mattered to our forefathers if someone shot a fawn?Not in the least.It was about the food.This tradition still goes on today for many.It's about the food.Some are still holding this tradition as many are trying to change it.
LP this is silly to compare our forefathers to todays hunters. The early settlers had no real choice but to take from the land. Todays hunters have a grocery or conveinience store on every other corner. I think today it is less about food and more about the macho image. The food (meat)is secondary to most of todays hunters.

I've never seen so many button bucks and fawns killed as I have in the past 5 years. I'm with sproulman on this point. We usually had 6 to 8 guys in our group inmy younger days, NEVER was a button buck or fawn shot purposely. Sometimes a button buck would be shot by accident ..YES, but never doe fawns. It just was an unwritten rule.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:31 AM

LP the only thing the horn crowd has against the taking of BB is that it takes away from their chance at horn....is there anyone that thinks I care if someone doesn't get a set of antlers to put out on the shed???????
As much as one group may scream let the little bucks pass
I scream let the mature breeding age does pass

As much as one group screams they want to only harvest mature bucks
I scream I only want to harvest deer other than breeding class doe
Old 12-15-2006, 08:04 AM

ORIGINAL: TRYKONOISSEUR

You think it mattered to our forefathers if someone shot a fawn?Not in the least.It was about the food.This tradition still goes on today for many.It's about the food.Some are still holding this tradition as many are trying to change it.
LP this is silly to compare our forefathers to todays hunters. The early settlers had no real choice but to take from the land. Todays hunters have a grocery or conveinience store on every other corner. I think today it is less about food and more about the macho image. The food (meat)is secondary to most of todays hunters.

I've never seen so many button bucks and fawns killed as I have in the past 5 years. I'm with sproulman on this point. We usually had 6 to 8 guys in our group inmy younger days, NEVER was a button buck or fawn shot purposely. Sometimes a button buck would be shot by accident ..YES, but never doe fawns. It just was an unwritten rule.
You still haven't answered my question? Is it fun to kill deer?
Old 12-15-2006, 09:02 AM
Host of Hosts

NO! I wouldn't call taking the life of any animal fun per say. I don't need to pull a trigger to have fun in my life. Sorry, I'm just not that shallow. I hunt deer primarily because I like venison, but I don't always have to kill one due to the overabundance of Grocery stores nowadays. I find deer hunting for me is more a spiritual connection with the outdoors. I don't have to kill little button bucks or fawns or even mature does to fullfil those connections. Would I like to take a few more big bucks in my lifetime? Sure! Who wouldn't. But I don't need to prove I'm a man by killing anything that moves....FOR FUN! As you so eloquently put it in one of your previous posts. There is nothing illegal about killing button bucks or fawns and you have every right to. But to brag about it is something else. It isn't hard at all to kill either of your choices of deer. Not much challenge there LP.
Old 12-15-2006, 09:04 AM
Host of Hosts

anyone that thinks I care if someone doesn't get a set of antlers to put out on the shed???????
Still looking forward to those 135 to 165 class Pa buck pictures. Your hoping we forget about that don't you? Stalling?
Old 12-15-2006, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is OFF TOPIC as much of this thread is becoming.One Thought.

You'd be amazed at how many hunters need that venison to help feed the family.The only problem with the need is the "Brown is Down" theory.
If its legal there isn't much you can say.Just don't complain later.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:27 PM

ORIGINAL: TRYKONOISSEUR

NO! I wouldn't call taking the life of any animal fun per say. I don't need to pull a trigger to have fun in my life. Sorry, I'm just not that shallow. I hunt deer primarily because I like venison, but I don't always have to kill one due to the overabundance of Grocery stores nowadays. I find deer hunting for me is more a spiritual connection with the outdoors. I don't have to kill little button bucks or fawns or even mature does to fullfil those connections. Would I like to take a few more big bucks in my lifetime? Sure! Who wouldn't. But I don't need to prove I'm a man by killing anything that moves....FOR FUN! As you so eloquently put it in one of your previous posts. There is nothing illegal about killing button bucks or fawns and you have every right to. But to brag about it is something else. It isn't hard at all to kill either of your choices of deer. Not much challenge there LP.
If it's primary for venison then why don't you call the PGC and ask them for some.There are many fresh road kills that they would give you if you wanted.Are you not killing big bucks to show your ego and to prove your a man just to kill it and hang on your wall?Whats so spiritual to kill a deer? Your all at peace sitting in the woods with nature.A deer walks out KABOOM.So much for keeping it spiritual.

spir·i·tu·al [ spÃ*rrichoo É™l ]

adjective

Definition:

1.of soul:relating to the soul or spirit, usually in contrast to material things

2.of religion:relating to religious or sacred things rather than worldly things

3.temperamentally or intellectually akin:connected by an affinity of the mind, spirit, or temperament
spiritual mother of the young artist

4.refined:showing great refinement and concern with the higher things in life
Old 12-15-2006, 12:36 PM

ORIGINAL: AJ52

This is OFF TOPIC as much of this thread is becoming.One Thought.

You'd be amazed at how many hunters need that venison to help feed the family.The only problem with the need is the "Brown is Down" theory.
If its legal there isn't much you can say.Just don't complain later.
I don't know who you are referring to,But I enjoy the kill as much as the venison if not more. I hunt along with many more hunters just for the kill. How many people hunts yote just for the fun of the kill.People don't eat them and they can't say it's for the money either.It's for the fun.Same as with bobcats,skunks,opossums. Just for the thrill.The adriline that flows thru our veins when we squeeze that trigger. Adrilin junkies.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:30 PM
Host of Hosts

If it's primary for venison then why don't you call the PGC and ask them for some.There are many fresh road kills that they would give you if you wanted.Are you not killing big bucks to show your ego and to prove your a man just to kill it and hang on your wall?If it's primary for venison then why don't you call the PGC and ask them for some.There are many fresh road kills that they would give you if you wanted.Are you not killing big bucks to show your ego and to prove your a man just to kill it and hang on your wall?Whats so spiritual to kill a deer? Your all at peace sitting in the woods with nature.A deer walks out KABOOM.So much for keeping it spiritual.
Yeah Ok I see no matter what answer anyone gives you'll still want to argue. Whatever! Why would I want a road kill when I choose to pass on deer if I don't need it? I'm not killing big bucks for my ego either. I told you I'm fine with who I am. Big Bucks are the most expendable and the most challenge. It lets me stay in the woods longer trying to harvest bigger more mature animals. It's easy to kill young ones.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been dealing with public land all of my hunting life... I love the woods I hunt, but hate the idiots I have to deal with... For me I believe in the first come first serve deal!!!!I always get in the woods early!!! Opening day I was in my stand 1 hour before light... Had a *******stick walk in on me at 10 minutes before legal shooting light... I hit him with my light and he stopped 50 yards from my stand and sat his dumb ****** down... I had to laugh a couple times... Hear I am 20 feet up in a tree in a hang on tree lounge and this dumb *******is sitting on the ground... He was a stubborn ol bird... He hung in there till about 10:30...

Stop trying to skirt the profanity filter [>:]

Thats why I say "Public Land Will Make A Hunter Out Of Ya"!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: HUNTER HARRASSMENTS INCREASING

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.