Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

HUNTER HARRASSMENTS INCREASING

Old 12-13-2006, 07:18 AM

Default RE: HUNTER HARRASSMENTS INCREASING

EC doesn't care about gene pools of deer any place other than the farm I live on. Matters little to me what sired my sausage!
Iam an active archer some of my best bucks including my largestcame in archery season. But I don't think archers have anymore rights to demand no intrusions into "their month and one half " than anyother group.
Maybe Pa should have a split rifle season like some midwestern states. 2 wks bow followed by3-5 days rifle/shotgun buck or doe followed by a week just prior to Thanksgiving for mz & bow again then 1 week buck only with gun.
That would take some of the bucks off the habitat that are going to be harvested later under the plan in place now. Just like the theory behind early anterless MZ/Jr/Sr season.
Is it a question of improving habitat??? or antlers for the bone crowd?????????
Old 12-13-2006, 08:24 AM

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

lead poisoner, why don't you pick up a bow and learn to shoot it. My guess is your not talented enough or don't have the patience. It would make you a much better hunter and you would learn the difference between a button and a fawn doe. Now on to this statement:

How do you know?The ones I shot had little bitty nobs.If it was goanna be a real trophy,I think it would of had spikes that you could see from a hundred yards.The ones I shot was just ordinary Pa. BBs nothin special to them.They could of been the offsprings of that little 9er I got last year.I am glad I took him out of the pool game.I don't know about eagle chickie BBs now.
Fawns carry buttons thier first year. On a very rare occaision will they ever sport spikes. Sounds like you just like to shoot fawns. When you shoot a button you remove the unknown from the gene pool. How long you been hunting anyway? Seems to me you have a lot to learn about deer and deerhunting. Just ask, we will teach you
Actually I own two fully loadedbows,Ones a mathews solo cam ultra light and the other is a hoyt something fire or fire something I think.I haven't used these bows in over 8 or 9 years.They are just collecting dust.I been hunting for over 26 years.I have prob took more deer than you could imagine.I do know the difference from a BBs and doe fawns.The concept you are missing is I don't and never cared about the head gear.I was just content getting a buck on any size.I have never had the opportunity to shoot anything under a sixer.Hard to believe,But it's true.I have takin over 30 bucks in my 26yrs of hunting and twice as many does and BBs.In my first 15 yrs I was an outlaw.All my family members was.But we never let a singledeer go to waiste.When you start getting older and maturer your way of thinking changes.I have allways been big on deer and population.Call me what you want,bambi killer, BB slayer.I am not goanna cater to you head gear hunters by letting BBs walk.They are notthe ones who produce the fawns,It is the does that do.I will keep taking BBs over does until the population of deer rises if it ever does again.So you can just count on me pluggin away on BBs and bucks till then.If you or anyone else thinks BBs or bucks are the producers of deer,You better go back to sex education class.One buck can breed with 20+ does.Without the does you have no deer.And if bucks was and still isa big concern,How the hell do you explain the large deer population before the doe slaughter happened?So don't tell me about what animal I should shoot to help the deer herd.Are you people that ignorant or just want to have bucks every where to make it easy to bag one.Screw your AR program and your big bucks.If your not talented to locate or find one,Then maybe you need to do some pre scouting in different locations.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:46 AM

what they want is what they been brainwashed to think.... that you need less doe to have bigger bucks...... how do they explain the midwest Canadian provinces/lots of deer in the farm belt of Saskatchewan,lots of big bucks too....it isn't hunter numbers asthe locals only can hunt there and shoot any deer they want/several in a season. I have friends that live south of Saskatoon in the resident only areas. They see 150 deer per day and each won't as much as considernot killing a any sex or age deer.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:13 AM

Yes,very true.But when they say about shooting BBs,They just want more bucks out there cause they are not talented enough to find them unless there is one behind every tree.They are brain washed to think that as you stated.You can have a large herd of deer and still have your big bucks all so.But for bigger bucks you need plenty of food. This is where they are not educated enough to understand that there is enough food for the developments of racks and healthy deer.The time deer season roles around is when the weather usually starts getting bad.Up untill this point deer have plenty of food and it's easier to find before the weather really starts getting bad.It's not till late winter when the deer start haveing problems if they do finding food.So in my book the food issue is not a concern for healthy mature bucks or a deer herd up to season.
Yes,some deer may be malnutritoin during the winter with large numbers,But they are still healthy.This brings me and allways has to the conclusion that it's not because of food but because of deer and human conflict.Mostly the insurance companies and the timber industries. They got the horn hunters to believe the less does(smaller deer population)the bigger the bucks.This is so untrue.As you said it,They are brain washed.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:02 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: lead poisoner

ORIGINAL: TRYKONOISSEUR

What do all you horn hunters think?Good idea to help the big buck genes roll over.
We'd also have a better gene pool if people didn't kill 7 button bucks between the 2 of them.
How do you know?The ones I shot had little bitty nobs.If it was goanna be a real trophy,I think it would of had spikes that you could see from a hundred yards.The ones I shot was just ordinary Pa. BBs nothin special to them.They could of been the offsprings of that little 9er I got last year.I am glad I took him out of the pool game.I don't know about eagle chickie BBs now.
Look LP, I'm not trying to incite here and I really don't care what you shoot, I never told you what to shoot and as far as the gene pool, well I was just replying to what you said above. You are the one to have brought up the gene pool. I have shot many deer too and don't shoot the buttons or any fawn for that matter, guess I just grew soft in my ageing. The only reason I mentioned taking up bowhunting was because you sounded distrout (sp) about the season ending and I was just suggesting a way to prolong it, no disrespect aimed at you and I don't think you took as such by your reply. Alls good.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:27 PM

It was more directed at the ones on here who condemn people for shooting fawns and BBs.Good to see a few on here who doesn't lock down on that side.It's all good as you said there Rickmur.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

It was more directed at the ones on here who condemn people for shooting fawns and BBs.Good to see a few on here who doesn't lock down on that side.It's all good as you said there Rickmur.
condemn is not what we think of someone who shoots fawn..person that does this was brought up wrong or never had a father that showed him right from wrong..

i have friends that shoot bb and doe fawns this year..why did they do this?

because in their genes they were raised GREEDY..greed says to them IF I DONT SHOOT THAT FAWN,SOMEONE ELSE WILL..its in their background..everyone i see doing this are people that dont care and would screw you in life and at work etc..

its society and GENES that those hunters have..they cant help themselves, its in their blood..

there are not many sportsmen left now,i think many are on here and share same opinions ..

to be proud to shoot a fawn is something that is hard for sportsmen to understand..

it all goes back to that hunters GENES and if he had father ,that cared..most likely ,he did not!!

SADLY, I SEE THAT TYPE OF HUNTER NOW MORE THAN YEARS PAST AND WITHOUT RESTRICTIONS ON SHOOTING FAWNS, THIS COULD BE THE BIGGEST THREAT TO OUR FUTURE OF DEER HUNTING ..
Old 12-14-2006, 12:41 PM

ORIGINAL: sproulman

condemn is not what we think of someone who shoots fawn..person that does this was brought up wrong or never had a father that showed him right from wrong..

i have friends that shoot bb and doe fawns this year..why did they do this?

because in their genes they were raised GREEDY..greed says to them IF I DONT SHOOT THAT FAWN,SOMEONE ELSE WILL..its in their background..everyone i see doing this are people that dont care and would screw you in life and at work etc..

its society and GENES that those hunters have..they cant help themselves, its in their blood..

there are not many sportsmen left now,i think many are on here and share same opinions ..

to be proud to shoot a fawn is something that is hard for sportsmen to understand..

it all goes back to that hunters GENES and if he had father ,that cared..most likely ,he did not!!

SADLY, I SEE THAT TYPE OF HUNTER NOW MORE THAN YEARS PAST AND WITHOUT RESTRICTIONS ON SHOOTING FAWNS, THIS COULD BE THE BIGGEST THREAT TO OUR FUTURE OF DEER HUNTING ..
You think it mattered to our forefathers if someone shot a fawn?Not in the least.It was about the food.This tradition still goes on today for many.It's about the food.Some are still holding this tradition as many are trying to change it.I think you should look back at the reason they hunted and do the same to keep the heritage alive.Nice story there about fathers not caring.Thats a load of crap on a donkeys cart.Unless you are a new sportsman to this and forgot the real reason we hunt.It's tradition to kill for food and feed your family and friends.You think when they had the first thanksgiveing with the indians that they said,Hey red feather,Don't shoot that fawn it's to young? Go look for another one.Not hardly.And I see this tradition slipping away from future hunters who watch to much hunting on tv.Your forefathers would slap you silly and call you Sally and make you wear a dress for being soft hearted when it came to hunting.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

lead, hunting with dad and his 8 brothers, my uncles,they lived off the meat..

never once did i see any of them kill a FAWN..

they knew if they killed a fawn, that was next years buck or doe that with have young fawns..

we had open sights back in early 60s, no scopes..

dad would say, SPROUL,only shoot a big doe..same with bucks, we never killed a spike..

it was something to stand there with deer coming and you had to pick out the big ones with open sights..

this is why i cant take excuse from hunter that he did not know it was fawn..

we are not out to say we a BIG HUNTERS..better than others..we are out to say, if you kill fawn or small doe,you are not going to have deer in next year ..

we are seeing this now in WMU2G here in pa..i only saw 4 fawns all summer here in clinton/potter county..i used to see 150 fawns..

so, hunters have to wake up and see what they are doing is going to ruin future for kids..
Old 12-14-2006, 01:26 PM

ORIGINAL: sproulman

lead, hunting with dad and his 8 brothers, my uncles,they lived off the meat..

never once did i see any of them kill a FAWN..

they knew if they killed a fawn, that was next years buck or doe that with have young fawns..

we had open sights back in early 60s, no scopes..

dad would say, SPROUL,only shoot a big doe..same with bucks, we never killed a spike..

it was something to stand there with deer coming and you had to pick out the big ones with open sights..

this is why i cant take excuse from hunter that he did not know it was fawn..

we are not out to say we a BIG HUNTERS..better than others..we are out to say, if you kill fan or small doe,you are not going to have deer in next year ..

we are seeing this now in WMU2G here in pa..i only saw 4 fawns all summer here in clinton/potter county..i used to see 150 fawns..

so, hunters have to wake up and see what they are doing is going to ruin future for kids..
Sproulman,All I want to know is what the difference if you bag that deer as a fawn or as an adult deer?That deer is goanna die eventually in it's life by a hunter.I see no difference other than the meat is tender and I am not hurting the population next yearby taking a fawn and not a mature doe.I will Take BBs over a doe just because the BBs don't pop fawns out of it two or three at a time.This is more about how people look at it.I am not condeming anyone for shooting mature does carrying twins.If they want to, then that's their prefrence.The ones who shoot the fawns are not taking away from next years deer population as if someone shot a mature doe.You sound like a good person there sproul as many do on here,But we all don't see things at the same eye level.

Quick Reply: HUNTER HARRASSMENTS INCREASING

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.