Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

slow in mass........

Old 11-06-2006, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default slow in mass........

well since scoring a nice 7 ptr on opening day i have not seen another buck yet[:@]i have had 7 does a button all in range but no tags....cant wait for the rut to kick in.anyone seeing rut action yet???
Old 11-07-2006, 06:36 PM

Default RE: slow in mass........

I havent seen squat. Hunting a tree stand and other areas in western mass. Where im hunting, theres tracks all over the place but havent seen any deer yet. I've been seeing alot of acorns, i hear that if the dear have alot of acorns around them they wont being moving around much to new places? what do you guys think?
Old 11-07-2006, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya things are slow right now but hold onto your britchers as soon as we loose some of this moon things should pick up in a big way. I had 15 doe behind me at various times yesturday some could have ben the same but they all kept comming down wind and picking me up. I wanted to scream everytime I heard them snort. One doe stood at 60 yards with her head up high and her neck was stretched as far as it could go sniffing the air would have been a perfect slug shot. Well rainning out now and is suppos to rain all day tommorow and after loosing that buck in the last rain storm I have sworn off bow hunting in the rain so it looks like thursday will be the next day on stand. Keep your head up and get ready to rock the rut is comming this or next week.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Very slow around here.... check stations have been very slow as well compared to normal.

Old 11-10-2006, 11:59 AM
Typical Buck

I havent been out alot lately guys...but I will hunt tomorrow morning up in the NE of Mass. I have a camera set up over a scrape too. I will post pics if it gets any.

Wish me luck