Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

11/4/06 I got a doe!

Old 11-05-2006, 06:54 AM
Typical Buck

Default 11/4/06 I got a doe!

I couldn't resist any longer. I hunted all day yesterday without seeing anything. And, Ihaven't had an opportunity to draw my new Diamond Triumph bowon a deer all season. That changed yesterday at3:50. I had 3 does hanging aroung my stand for at least 1/2 hour. Since next weekend is the last weekend to archery hunt, I finally told myself if the big one comes into range, I might as well see how this new bow will do. Sure enough she gave me the perfect 25 yard shot. She was just slightlyquartering away to my left. My arrow went right threw her and she didn't know what hit her. She just starting walking away like nothing happened and I thought maybe I missed. Next thing I know she falls over about 50 yards away. The other 2 does were still hanging around for about 1/2 hour before they decided to move on. I think I'm going to like my new bow, I'm 1for 1! Next weekend a buck!
Old 11-05-2006, 06:58 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 11/4/06 I got a doe!

great story NY... shoot them does, great table fair...
Old 11-05-2006, 07:02 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats. Don't you love it when they fall down within sight. Enjoy
Old 11-05-2006, 07:05 AM
Fork Horn

Good story, GREAT JOB!!!

I hope to stick one this year with the bow. No luck yet though.