Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Anyone know a good W PA Taxidermist?

Old 10-27-2006, 03:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default Anyone know a good W PA Taxidermist?

Just wondering if anyone here knows of a good taxidermist in Western PA? Going on a hunt in a few weeks and want to make sure I have someone lined up. I called the guy I usually do and he said he's got 2 years of backlog so he's not accepting any more right now.

HELP!!!
Old 10-27-2006, 05:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anyone know a good W PA Taxidermist?

I've been happy with Hutch's taxidermy den in Mount Pleasant. he's reasonable and does good work. His number is 724-547-2888
Old 10-27-2006, 06:09 PM

theirs jacks in new stanton was the most talked about years ago but not sure now.
theirs a guy on 119 in new alexandra his stuff looked real good.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jacks is actually in Youngwood and I've had a couple of deer done there as well. His work is excellent but he has become pricey.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Depending where in Western PA....there is Tri-State Taxidermy up in Erie County. This guy is amazing...he has won numerous national awards. Let me know if you want more info.
Old 10-28-2006, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've got a guy here in somerset county who is nationally known and has won many awards. He's quick with his work and his prices are very reasonable. I believe last year when i took my wild boar to him his price was 325 for a deer mount. The price may be different now though seeing as that was last summer.325 is a very reasonable price. Heres his website it has his contact information on it if you'd want go give him a call. www.mountaintoptaxidermy.com
Old 10-28-2006, 08:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I take mine to zellmans in indiana co. Closer to pittsburgh though there's a guy down south of the city around elizabeth. My girlfriends nephew had his done by him and it is one of the nicest mounts I've ever seen. I'd have to call him to get the guys name.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Be careful picking taxidermist based on "awards". Sometimes they receive awards for having the only animal in a certain class. I've seen some terrible, terrible work with "awards" pinned to them. I'm not saying this is the case with some mentioned above, I just want people to realized that "awards" don't make a taxidermist good....

Old 10-29-2006, 07:00 PM
Typical Buck

I will second both Hutchs and Jacks. I had a buck mounted by Jack, great work. If you want a pic of it let me know and I will email it to you. Hutchs mounted a bass for my son, great work and beautiful detail.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

PMpiebalddoe. Her website is outdoor-dreams.com.Her work looks great on the net, but I've never seen it in person. She is working on getting her liscense. Kenny Boyer does a great job too. He lives in Burgettstown. But like most others he gets backed up also.

Quick Reply: Anyone know a good W PA Taxidermist?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.