Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

MD Early Muzzleloader Season

Old 10-20-2006, 08:51 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: MD Early Muzzleloader Season

But I sat thru the nasty 25MPH wind tonight in the swamps in blackwater and got me a spike sika deer.

Old 10-21-2006, 11:42 AM

Congrats lefty and rick.

Well I got me a doe today.

Got set up on the ground 1 hour before sunrise, got walked in on by another hunter hunting the adjoining propertyas the sun was coming up. He posted up about 40 yards from me, so I decided to move mylocation. Thank you to that hunter because that move put me onto 4 does, one of which I put a tag on (first with my ML). Now the wife can stop buying over priced meat at the store.

Good luck to the rest of you Maryland men and women. Congrats to everyone else that has gotten a deer or gets a deer.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:36 PM
Typical Buck

I shot me a nice doe on Thurs. morming about 9:00. I was hunting on public land in Montgomery Co.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:51 AM
Fork Horn

I hunted in St. Mary's Co. Opening morning I passed on a 4pt and two dogs.[:@] In the evening, I shot a 7pt that I was going to pass on until I saw how big his body was. I shot right through a branch that was about 8ft away and really thought that there was no way that bullet was going to hit that deer after going through the branch, but it managed to stay on coarse for the most part. I ended up having to follow the blood trail and heard him about 30 yds away in the dark trying to get up. I managed to hold the light against the stock and put a finishing round in him. Live and learn about scope shooting and branches up close! Other than that, I had to let another buck pass yesterday and a deer at dark that I couldn't identify as buck or doe. I went back the next morning to get my stand and took a pic of the branch while I was at it. Pics below.

Old 10-22-2006, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

Pic of deer. I'm not sure what he dressed at, but the butcher was thinking as much as 200. I was thinking 175+, but who knows with the new check in procedures.

Old 10-22-2006, 09:27 AM

this deer taken yesterday morning at pax river...
Old 10-22-2006, 03:38 PM

went out thursday seen a spike 10 yards away.went friday afternoon an seen 4 turkey.sat morning at 650 i shot a 80 pound doe right uder my stand.sat afternoon seen a 4 point an a doe both about 40 yards away.i will be going out tuesday.let uall no how i do.i hunt mont county
Old 10-22-2006, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

Which section of PAX river did you get that guy in?

I stuck out. [:@][:@][:@]

More season left to go though.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:05 PM
Fork Horn

BUMP
Ropedawg where did you get that hog at? Brownschurch?
Old 10-23-2006, 10:28 PM
Fork Horn

Well, I didn't get to take any shots during the 3 day opener, however, my Dad put a tag on a nice 8-point around 630PM Saturday evening. Pics are below.

Quick Reply: MD Early Muzzleloader Season

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.