Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

MD Eastern Shore

Old 10-20-2006, 01:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: MD Eastern Shore

greenmachine,

How did you do at North Tract? When I checked out yesterday after my morning hunt, only three deer had been checked in, two does and one 8 pointer. I heard few shots and could have been the first to loose a bullet there this year (I think, though I might not be able to hear shots from distant areas). My buddy in southernMaryland saw some chasing going on yesterday, to his amazement, butat Meade I couldn'trattle or grunt even a small buck in. I did see some scrapes and rubs though.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:53 PM
bigcountry

Got me a spike sika tonght in blackwater. Was going to let him pass but I have only liked 3 or so in the past 8 years. tough little suckers.

Old 10-21-2006, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, no deer for me! I passed on a bucnh of sika does and a few spikes, and a nice 7pt whitetail, but never did see a big one! My brother shot a big 6pt sika this morning though so it turned out to be a successful weekend!
Old 10-22-2006, 09:56 PM
bigcountry

bionic, where do you hunt? I killed my sika in hardwoods. I went out to the swamp and 25MPH wind was too much for me. And water was 3ft on my waders. I never killed a sika in hardwoods. Stick out like a sore thumb. But like ghost in the marsh.

Old 10-23-2006, 05:27 PM

Blaserman: Keep me posted

slicendice: Goodluck with Muddy Marsh. I know the guys well. They are good people and great at what they do.

Hit those sikas in the pines just in from the open marsh
Old 10-23-2006, 10:25 PM
Fork Horn

All this talk about Sika's and Blackwater remind me of when I started hunting 10-12 years ago and we hunted Blackwater for a season for two. Never saw a Sika while there, although I feel it was due to my inexperience, however, we heard em all the time. Been looking to get back down to Blackwater one of these seasons.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:40 PM

DougMD
i didn't get to hunt north tract at all. the guy i was sposed to go with had a death in the family and I don't hunt alone anymore. But, on saturday i shot a nice doe in kent county. dressed out at 104

my freezer is full
Old 10-24-2006, 04:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congratulations! The eastern shore has lots of BIG deer. The biggest doe I saw at North Tract last Thursday morning would only have dressedout at about 90 pounds, and most were around 60 or less.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:11 PM

Has anyone seen signs of a whitetail rut yet? A buddy said he saw some bucks chasin does in the Pocomoke area over the weekend. I was figurin on the rut hittin in about another 2 weeks or more. I have seen plenty of buck activity but not any signs of a real rut.

I hope to be in the woods Friday& Saturday after some whitetail.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Big Country, I have killed a few sikas in the hardwoods, but have had much more luck hunting deeper in the water. Lots of fragmite grass and at least 6 inches of water everywhere!! And they are like ghosts out there, one of the spikes I saw last week somehow appeared 8 yards away from me at 9:30 in the morning without me ever seeing him!

Quick Reply: MD Eastern Shore

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.