Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Any WV bowhunters...

Old 10-18-2006, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any WV bowhunters...

Looks like your gonna have to get one of those sattilite phones like Osama has. He gets reception in the mountains of Afghanistan, Pakistan,France or wherever he is now.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nohillbilly

Looks like your gonna have to get one of those sattilite phones like Osama has.
Or...................(and I know this is crazy)...............hunt like people did 10-15 years ago[8D]

Old 10-19-2006, 10:46 PM

I was able to take a good mature doe at 7:35 opening morning.........still yet to get to shoot a buck with my bow.this is jsut my 3rd year bow hunting though
Old 10-20-2006, 02:07 AM

Cajun heading to WV for the 1st time. Will be archery hunting in McDowell County at the end of Oct. What to expect other than the mountains? Lock on, climbimg stands or ground blind? Is it worth purchasing a bear tag? Load me up with any info that might be useful to the terrain. Thanks and good luck to all!!!
Old 10-20-2006, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cajun There are some hugh deer there and a lot of bear jusut like anywhere else right place right time. There isnt a hugh amount of deer to be seen and the hunting can be very hard at times I think a climber will be the best so you can move around easier. What part of the county are you hunting in my wife is from there around Iaeger. Lots of strip mining in the entire county. A four wheeler is almost a must but in most good places there will be a lot of hunters.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:34 AM

I'm in the army and haven'tbeen ableto come home to WV to hunt in years. Last year before we deployed I killed a nice 6 point in Kentucky with my bow. I am currently in Baghdad and I enjoy hearing about yall's hunts so keep'em comin. Should be home soon but unfortunately wont be able to make it there to hunt.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

dhunt1973, thanks for your service! Stay safe and hone your hunting skills by taking out some insurgents!

Portable stands are the way to go when you are unfamiliar with the land. You will want to have that mobility, and be above a deer's line of sight and have any odors dispersed, particularlywhen bowhunting.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:28 AM

dhnut1973-Can't thank you enough for your service. Stay safe over there.

Hopefully I'll be loading up a story about a "whopper" or at least a "whopper" of a story soon.

Cajun-spend the $10 (that's in state, not sure what it is out) on the bear damage stamp. Cause if you see one and you don't have it, you'll kick yourself. Been there, done that, never want to do it again. That is a good area for bears, and I think royak is right. You're going to want a climber for sure.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dhnut1973

I'm in the army and haven'tbeen ableto come home to WV to hunt in years. Last year before we deployed I killed a nice 6 point in Kentucky with my bow. I am currently in Baghdad and I enjoy hearing about yall's hunts so keep'em comin. Should be home soon but unfortunately wont be able to make it there to hunt.
Be safe, young troop... when you return home, you're welcomed to a hunt @ the camp... it'll be nice to shoot something to eat, instead of shooting to survive....
Old 10-21-2006, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is my WV buck from last week. I live in PA, but my family owns land in WV. Saw one a lot bigger...140-150 class, but no shot. Going back this Friday to have another crack at him.

Quick Reply: Any WV bowhunters...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.