Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Any WV bowhunters...

Old 10-12-2006, 08:53 PM

Default RE: Any WV bowhunters...

Mercer County here (east of I-77) I can't wait till opening day. Its looks like its gonna be a dandy of one.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good Luck to all... for me, the only openning day worth anticipating, is gun season...it's more like the dropping of the green flag come daybreak... besides, the best bowhunting is the week before gun season, when the rut is ON.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

true dat, and that's why I'm holding off. But with the temps what they are now, it doesn't get any better in October! They should be moving around just fine.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't wait. Both stands have been up sincelast year and the blind has been up for two weeks. I was up there squirrel hunting last week andfound tworub lines crossing the logging road and a scrape all within twenty five yards of one of my stands. If that don't get the blood pumping, nothing will.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck to everyone and be safe! I can't hardly function at work this time of year just thinking about being out there.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ready to go!!.
Morning hunt in Cabell county, late morning daughters soccer game in Ripley, and then back to Cabell for the late afternoon evening.

Good luck everyone
Old 10-13-2006, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be on a ridge top in Roane County at daybreak. Does it get any better than that, I don't think so.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:07 PM
BDC
Fork Horn

Going to be in a tree first thing in Braxton County tomorrow morning. Good luck to all.

Kill a big'n...

or a little'n....whatever....its your call

BDC
Old 10-13-2006, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Plans Changed. No worky tomorrow. I'll be in a tree along a brushed up field here in Jefferson Co. Looks like there maybe frost on the ground. Saw some does and a decent 6 point in there tonight. Let's GOOOO Mountaineers. Good luck and safety to all.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I went out and saw around 15-16 deer. All does from what I could tell, still there was good action all morning including two coons at daybreak that milled around for a few minuted at about 15 yds. When I first saw them coming thru some weeds I was thinking "man those are some short fat deer" Had A big red fox at eve level up the hillat about 2o yds for a moment as well. I could see for a good ways in the fields below me and had agood morning, although the tree was slightly crooked and I was uncomfortable as hell all morning--it was manageable though. the whole climber tree stand set-up I had needs a little fine tuning as well (a padded seat instead of the board I installed last year for sure)---always like that for me on the first morning. How'd others throughout the Mountain State fair ??

Quick Reply: Any WV bowhunters...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.