Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Any WV bowhunters...

Old 11-14-2006, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any WV bowhunters...

ORIGINAL: getblown5.9

weather changed for the opener of WV rifle next week. looking to be in the mid 40's early on in the week with possible snow showers! i cant wait now.

i hunted saturday til 11, its just not right when you sit from 6-11a.m. and not one time feel an ounce of cold in the toes or fingers. i get cold anytime its below 40, bearable and not enough to make me shiver, but i get cold regardless. didnt see a thing, my neighbors son got his first deer, a little doe on the youth hunt just 80 yards from where i was bowhunting/watching for deer headed their way (i was in a stand, they were on the ground)

my other buddy hunted the other side of the property and saw two GOOD bucks at about 10:30 chasing does and each other...but never came within bowrange for him.
better checlk again... weather dot com says precip for the entire week... cooler, but wet... this has been an abnormally wet fall,IMO
Old 11-14-2006, 10:20 AM

im havign a hard time deciding where to hunt this coming monday... I always go to our farm..but havent seen a whole lot of action there this year...except for doe......havent seen a scrape yet but many rubs.....but down behind my wifes grandmas i had a decent 10 point on cam and seen 2 good scrapes and some rubs.... well this past friday I missed an 8 that made the 10point look like a yearling...lol...... although this past saturday over on the farm i did see a spike and another racked buck(didnt get a chance to see how big the rack was) so im getting deer movement in both places......its just so hard not to go to the farm on opening day like i do each year
Old 11-14-2006, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bspencer

im havign a hard time deciding where to hunt this coming monday... I always go to our farm..but havent seen a whole lot of action there this year...except for doe......havent seen a scrape yet but many rubs.....but down behind my wifes grandmas i had a decent 10 point on cam and seen 2 good scrapes and some rubs.... well this past friday I missed an 8 that made the 10point look like a yearling...lol...... although this past saturday over on the farm i did see a spike and another racked buck(didnt get a chance to see how big the rack was) so im getting deer movement in both places......its just so hard not to go to the farm on opening day like i do each year
go the farm...keep the string alive! we're talking heritege here!!!
Old 11-14-2006, 11:04 AM

weather forcast for Summersville is high of 40 and snow showers low of 28..... sunny and mid to high 40s for the next few days after that
Old 11-14-2006, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Weirtons forcast looks good.

Mon
Nov 20
[/align]

Few Snow Showers
41°[/b]/30°
30%
41°F[/b]