Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

opening day in MD

Old 09-15-2006, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: opening day in MD

We're getting everything from a light drizzle to heavy downpours. It's non-stop either way. I hunt for fun and hunting in the pouring rain ain't fun. I'm bagging this afternoon.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:03 PM

Can't go.I ordered my license online and when i printed it out it said that this was not an actual license and that it would be mailed.[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]Maybe next week..
Old 09-15-2006, 06:06 PM

went out tonight after the rain to property onrt 136,
and saw a lot on deer after the rain stopped no real shots to far or behind brush
2 small bucks and about 11-12 does. still a great day
Old 09-15-2006, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

I'll be going out tomorrow for squirrel. But that is just because a buddy of mine wanted to go and he hadn't been out for squirrel yet. After tomorrow I'll be slinging arrows in the back yard to get ready for my first trip out hopefully by early October if weather and life allow.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:58 AM
bigcountry

Holy Cow, that was a rough day of hunting. I sat thru it and it paid off, but felt like a drowned dog.

Old 09-16-2006, 10:09 AM
Fork Horn

This may sound stupid, but could anybody tell me when the rut starts in md. this year?
Old 09-16-2006, 12:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just got back from qualifying with my bow at Patuxent North Tract. Gun qualification is tomorrow. I used to be gung-ho for early season bowhunting, but now focus my efforts near the end of October and all of November.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Doug, wish you had told me, I was over there today to drop off my new Alegence to Len, wasn't acting right, ended up getting my 10 yr old grandson a bow and leaving mine there. Anyway when's the nextbow qualifier? That's Ft Meade right?
Old 09-16-2006, 06:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rick,

I got and responded to your email before I read your post here.

Bow qualifying is Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6 to 8, and Saturdays from 10 to 2.

Shotgun and muzzleloaders are tomorrow, and they MIGHT have another before early muzzleloader, but surely before shotgun season.

$50 to hunt the season, three deer allowed that don't count against your Md. license. One buck with 6 or more points, and two does.
Old 09-16-2006, 07:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks Doug. I know we talked about hooking up in the years past, let's get it done this year at least a couple times.

Quick Reply: opening day in MD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.