Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DE Archery Season - September

Old 09-03-2006, 06:39 AM

Default DE Archery Season - September

Finally got out yesterday afternoon. Was set up early, 2:45pm hoping the deer would move early after the rain. Hunted the Public Ground. I had the woods to myself. I guess everyone else was smarter than I, because I saw nothing until walking out.

Unless its cool enough to let a deer lay out overnight, I quit at sunset. Well walking back to the truck I bumped right into a buck. Had 2 does behind him. It was legal shooting time still but even if I did see him before I rounded the bend, 1) He wasnt a quality buck 2) he was on the Refuge side of the path. He was only 15yds from me when I saw him. They all bounded into the bean field on the Refuge side of the property. The second day of the season and they are already smart.

Going to the private field tomorrow in the AM. Should be nice weather!

Come on DE guys, post them hunts up here!
Old 09-04-2006, 08:48 AM

Default RE: DE Archery Season - September

Was set up this morning 530am. At 540am I heard a deer enter the cornfield to right but did not see it. Five mins later a deer walked broadside in front of me not 5 yds from the stand, then it went into the cornfield. That was it. My dad saw nothing. We hunted until 845am.

Taking Friday off if the weather is nice. Deer hunt the morning then pack for a trip to the Jersey Shore the next week. I will come back one day though during the week for a deer hunt! It aint vacation with out hunting!
Old 09-05-2006, 07:10 AM

Went out yesterday, fox barked at a small group of does before I got on stand and they blew, heard them run onto the other property, never saw anything rest of the morning, went back out by 430pm only thing I saw was a racoon at my feeder. Had a lot of fresh tracks but no deer. Gonna rain today and tomorrow, hopefully friday night I will be able to make it back out. Not a very good opener[]
Old 09-08-2006, 03:50 PM

All was quiet atthe lease. I was in the stand 40 mins before shooting time. Saw and heard nothing. Sat until 8:45am. Its frustrating because there are spots that look like highways in and out of the woods and there are tons of tracks everywhere.[:@] Might be time to shift to the evening when I get back fromvacation.[/align]
Old 09-11-2006, 06:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hav'nt been out yet, hav'nt even bought a license yet. Just got back from Coloradolate yesterdaywhere 8 of us took 4 bulls andone 5x4mule deer with a 25" spred. I got nothing and don't know when I will get out here.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:36 AM

Got out for the first time last Saturday for a morning hunt down at Blackbird SF. Took a buddy who is new to hunting, set him in a spot and put myself about 100yds away. Figures, I didn't see anything and he had three does pass by just out of bow range.

Am burning a vacation day this Friday to go to my secret spot in NCC. I'll let you know how I made out next Monday.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:41 PM

I came back from the Jersey Shore today so I can get a trip in tomorrow in the AM. Weather looks OK but waiting for the latest forecast to see where I'll hunt. Its looking like the same stand as last Friday. Im hoping to at least SEE something. I'll keep you all posted.
Old 09-13-2006, 06:58 AM

Went out saturday morning and evening, only thing I had was a deer come behind me in the bottom, its still very thick in there but I could here it walking through the water and got a very small look at its back, I tried the bleat can but got nothin! Still getting fresh tracks around my stand and feeder. Hopefully with this cold front, and the storm moving in tonight I can get out to the woods, might be just what they need to get movin! Hey DE.Hunter, what blackbird track were you at? I passed a couple guys saturday morning in townsend
Old 09-13-2006, 09:36 AM

can you bait in DE?
Old 09-13-2006, 08:18 PM

Yes,Paul in Delaware you can bait on private land,but not on public land.

Quick Reply: DE Archery Season - September

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.