Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PGC MONKEY BUSINESS

Old 08-28-2006, 10:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default PGC MONKEY BUSINESS

pgc investigated 3 residents in bucks co. for having monkeys.fish commissiion also was involved.i cant understand why our cash strapped pgc/fish commissionwould spend money and manpower to go after a couple of monkeys.all our programs are being cut in pa.because of lack of money to pgc/fish commission,but i guess a monkey bust is important in philadelphia.i could see if monkeys were released into woods but to be used as pets,you have laugh. folks, i said it before,i think they are going nuts. they dont worry about deer and deer hunting which brings in billion dollars in pa.but worry if i have monkey in cage in my home. man, something is wrong with this picture.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:45 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: PGC MONKEY BUSINESS

If they ever get really serious about rounding up all the loosemonkeys in this state, I suspect they'll need farmore than a $10 incease in the cost of our hunting licenses to fund the operation.

They seem to beeverywhere lately.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

They should just release Cougars to eat the monkeys!
Old 08-29-2006, 05:23 AM
Fork Horn

They probably confiscated them so they can breed em, and secretly release them.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Is it illegal to keep monkeys as pets in Pa. ? If so then they would fall under PGC's jurisdiction for enforcement .
Old 08-29-2006, 05:50 AM

Unless I am incorrect the PGC is charged with regulated exotic animals in PA per the legislature. These are duties your LEGISLATURES assigned the PGC.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

They need wives ??????????
Old 08-29-2006, 11:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: T_in_PA3

Unless I am incorrect the PGC is charged with regulated exotic animals in PA per the legislature. These are duties your LEGISLATURES assigned the PGC.
yes, but this is waste of money.there are ton of duties as you say that the pgc does not follow up on. like raccoon tearing up your apple trees.but take shotgun and shoot that raccoon and pgc will be there in minute.you get my point,money wasted on MONKEY BUST.no wonder they have no money to catch POACHERS. i can see why.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Bionicrooster

They should just release Cougars to eat the monkeys!
i saw banana peel while hunting last year. i wonder, hmmmmmm.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:07 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: sproulman

ORIGINAL: T_in_PA3

yes, but this is waste of money.there are ton of duties as you say that the pgc does not follow up on. like raccoon tearing up your apple trees.but take shotgun and shoot that raccoon and pgc will be there in minute.you get my point,money wasted on MONKEY BUST.no wonder they have no money to catch POACHERS. i can see why.
How should the decision be made on what violations get investigated or prosecuted and which ones get ignored, since you seem to think some violations should be ignored?

Who should be making the decision on which violations get ignored verses prosecuted?

At what point does it become corruption when officers arrest some people for violations without not even investigating other violations?

Are you suggesting you want the officers to be corrupt or to just not investigate some violations of the law?

Perhaps you just want officers that enforce the laws you like while ignoring the laws you don’t like?

Perhaps you don’t understand either what or where the real monkey business begins and ends when you start suggesting you want such selective law enforcement.

Quick Reply: PGC MONKEY BUSINESS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.