Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PGC MONKEY BUSINESS

Old 08-29-2006, 09:28 PM

Default RE: PGC MONKEY BUSINESS

Isn't it legal for private individuals to posess monkeys in Pa. under some circumstances?
Years ago we caughta capuchin monkey and returned it to the owners. There was no hint of illegality since we worked through the local zoo and were directed to the local Simian Society (which was a real organization) and through them found the owners. Did something change?
Old 08-29-2006, 09:32 PM
Typical Buck

If you or your cohorts ever confiscate one of them Trunk Monkeys, let me know. Wouldn't mind having one of my own, even if I don't own any vehicles with a trunk. He can ride up front with me, in the pickup.

Old 08-29-2006, 09:51 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mocha Java

Isn't it legal for private individuals to posess monkeys in Pa. under some circumstances?
Years ago we caughta capuchin monkey and returned it to the owners. There was no hint of illegality since we worked through the local zoo and were directed to the local Simian Society (which was a real organization) and through them found the owners. Did something change?
A person could possess just about any species of wildlife in this state provided they obtained it through a legal method and had all of the required permits to import it and then to possess it. Then after they have got it here there are also strict penning requirements they must adhere to when it is an exotic or injurious species of wildlife. Some monkeys fall within that classification.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:27 AM

If you or your cohorts ever confiscate one of them Trunk Monkeys, let me know. Wouldn't mind having one of my own, even if I don't own any vehicles with a trunk. He can ride up front with me, in the pickup.
Have you hired a writer for your material recently? Some of it is pretty witty from an old goat from like you.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:49 AM

"RSB" said:
"Are you suggesting you want the officers to be corrupt or to just not investigate some violations of the law?"

Isn't that exactly what happened in the Don Madl case?????

Old 08-30-2006, 08:58 AM
Typical Buck

Have you hired a writer for your material recently? Some of it is pretty witty from an old goat from like you.

Yep, already received my ScribblerMonkey. Could always use anotheronewith an attitude andhis own sledge hammer.

I believeothersmight alsobenefit fromhaving their own Trunk Monkey,would spare them from the fatigue of having toconstantly beat on the same subjects.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DennyF

Yep, already received my ScribblerMonkey. Could always use anotheronewith an attitude andhis own sledge hammer.

I believeothersmight alsobenefit fromhaving their own Trunk Monkey,would spare them from the fatigue of having toconstantly beat on the same subjects.
Wouldnt that be a dead horse monkey???
Old 08-30-2006, 06:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

good point,crazy horse.i just think the pgc has its prioritys messed up. i bet a lot of things were let go to investigate those monkeys.to me, MONKEYS would not be on the top of list of things to do with all things pgc has to do.monkey does not bring hunters in to pay for pgc.barn owls dont also. no wonder they have no money. billion dollars a year is coming in for hunting deer here in pa and pgc worrys about monkey with banana is his hand.that monkey bust will certainly pay bills at pgc.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:32 PM

I don't have a problem with the PGC enforcing the law concerning exotic animals. I do have a problem with the agency allowing preferential treatment to it's executive officers as was the case with Don Madl.
Now the agency has an embarrassing situation with a Game Warden by the name of Bimber. I can only wonder where they will hide him.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:36 PM

Here's the story on Bimber:

http://www2.theclarionnews.com/Opinions/52731.shtml

Quick Reply: PGC MONKEY BUSINESS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.