Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NY Hunters,did U notice more posted signs when they legalized rifles in your county?

Old 08-31-2006, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: NY Hunters,did U notice more posted signs when they legalized rifles in your county?

Big John, maybe they post their land so they can hunt it and not every local who feels like they deserve to? I owned land in Sullivan County and always had trouble with the locals going on the property, even dumping trash on it up to and including dishwashers and a dryer. Lucky for me, I have something in common with the State Troopers (), so we talked and they put a stop to it.

No offense, but it seems that "locals" have a lot of contempt in NY for us "downstaters" and a lot of them feel that they can walk on anyone's land, especially us, because we don't have a "right" to own it anyway.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: NY Hunters,did U notice more posted signs when they legalized rifles in your county?

Hey..I didn't even realize that was you! Sorry about the tone, but I have gotten that attitude from "locals" in the past. I have even had locals tell me that state land was private because they didn't feel us "cityboys" belonged there.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:46 PM

I was at a meeting in Tioga County and they were bitching about rifle and if it was allowed they were going to post their land so no one could hunt it. Which I said made about as much sence as a peace bond which isn't worth the paper it is written on ask any Cop ( no offence airborneguy) Is a bullet going to come flying up a hill and fall dead at the posted sign? hell NO! not to mention last year was the safest in history!