Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NE Kingdom VT

Old 08-26-2006, 07:45 PM

Default NE Kingdom VT

Found this site by accident, and glad to join! Any VT/NH hunters out there for whitetails? I'm retired military and travel most of VT and west central NH during the seasons, with a favorite location in northeast kingdom of VT. Would like to hear from fellow hunters from those areas. Jack
Old 08-27-2006, 12:36 PM

Default RE: NE Kingdom VT

hey right here! i live in Barre, but like to hunt that area. looking for a place to bear hunt in n.h. right now, if you happen to know of a spot. love to turkey hunt in Danville, too. working on a habitata project in Victory Bog right now, on the pipeline. where's your spot up there?
Old 08-27-2006, 12:58 PM

vtbuckrulr: small world. Used to work in Berlin, VT. Live in Claremont. Like to hunt the Bloomfield area, but flexible. CT River Valley has some pretty good black bear. I've seen 'em right from the road above the covered bridge in Cornish/Windsor area. I think a little further north is even better. Not quite done fishing yet, and it's almost archery season.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi Jemerrill
I too am retired from the Navy for about 13 years now and living in Mass. I don't hunt in Vt. but I do hunt in Me. Mass and Ct. I am a deer hunter and don't mess around with much else but if I can help you out in any way give me a shout. Mike
Old 08-27-2006, 02:58 PM

J, We hunt all over the northeast. My brother took a moose
in Essex county 4 years ago. My father and I took a moose last
year in Newark. My brothers boy took a moose in Wheelock last
year also. This year my brothers other boy drew a tag for D2.

Island Pond, Bloomfield areas have some big deer...we have taken
a few up there. We also have done very well in Walden,Hardwick,
Wolcott areas. With no doe tags up here I think we'll be seeing a
few more deer in a couple of years.
Good Luck,
G

Old 08-27-2006, 04:08 PM

Big G: I hope you're right about the increase in deer population in VT. It seems to get worse every year. I have found, however, that the NEK has not been effected as much as the lower counties, for some reason. Nice to hear from some fellow VT/NH hunters.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:39 PM

J, I think the new regs will help. Maybe put a few more bucks in
the population to get these does bred. Yotes are pretty bad here
this year. I saw 1 fawn all year on our farm.....a couple nice bucks
though.....

Connecticut is looking good. I will be down there the opening week.
That is the sleeper state.....

G
Old 08-27-2006, 06:25 PM

Welcome jemerrill,

I am working in West Leb right now and hunt around some of the areas you mentioned. I did some scouting around Irasburg, VTa few weeks ago.I sawsome good deer sign and quite a few partridges. The apple crop looks decent and the beech nuts look really good.

Cautiously optimistic as they say, but it still needs a few years to see if the new regs are working.

Will you be muzzleloading in NH this year?

Old 08-27-2006, 06:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Welcome to the forum JM. I live in North Hero and hunt out of my camp in Walden. I too am retired and hunt or fish pretty much all year. I used to hunt the Bloomfield area all around West Mountain and Ferdinand. I used to hunt northern Maine but started to hunt The Indian Stream area of NH a few years ago.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:49 AM

VT Ridges: wow, now we're really getting close to home in Claremont. I can't tell you how many nice buck I've seen driving up and down 12A to W Leb in the early morning. Also a nice black bear. Yes, I will be muzzleloading NH this year. I do a lot of my hunting during the week, when the woods are pretty much undisturbed. Nice to hear from you. Jack

Quick Reply: NE Kingdom VT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.