Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Maryland Hunters PLEASE!!

Old 08-19-2006, 07:47 PM

Default Maryland Hunters PLEASE!!

I just found out that I'll be doing a beach renurishment in Ocean City, MD starting mid Sept.and I'll be there for 2 months. I am looking forward to the job as I have heard that it is an awesome area. I am wanting info on the bow huntingin the state as I should have some time to hunt. I would also like to meet someone that has hunted the land that could hook me up with a few pointers or maybe some privite land to hunt. I am a 29 year old Project Engineerfor a dredging company and have hunted since I was 5.If anyone would help me outit would be greatly appreciated. If someone wanted to swap a hunt I have plenty of privite land in North Mississippi it has plenty of deer, but can't promise anything on size. Sorry to be so long winded, but is there any pro shops that I can shoot close to OC. Chad
Old 08-21-2006, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Maryland Hunters PLEASE!!

Couple of friends and I will be hunting about 30-40 miles west of OC. I was down over the weekend and found some public land and lots of it. It will be my first time hunting this area so I will be learning the land just like you. I found land in Wicomico and Dorchester counties. Dorchester has a good population of sikas. I am looking for good places to hunt them also. If interested let me know.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:37 AM

I'm interested, ifim there in time maybe we can hook up and do some scouting. I would like to get a sika. Chad
Old 08-29-2006, 05:07 PM

Flew into Salisbury today got a meeting tomorrow and fly home Thursday. I was very surprised at the amount of farm & wooded area that I saw from the plane. I have talked with some of the members here, but would like to hear more. I would like to hunt for the sika deer that everyone talks about. I am sitting in my hotel room in OC, but would like to be in the woods.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Run an ad in the local paper saying what you want. That'sa pretty big way of finding a place to hunt but it will cost you, no freebe's over there that's for sure unless you are on public land. All my Eastern Shore huntingwas done a little further inland around Denton with an occaisional trip to Blackwater.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:41 PM
Fork Horn

If you want to hunt sika you need to contact muddy marsh outfitters. They have a website but I'm not sure what exactly it is. The accomodations aren't great, but they will do their best to get you on deer. The price of the hunt is also very reasonable. I hunted with them a few years back and from what I remember you can pay by the day.