Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

NEED HELP WITH PA DOE TAGS

Old 08-02-2006, 11:20 AM

Default NEED HELP WITH PA DOE TAGS

Hey guys,[/align]This is my first year filling out this application.I received 2 yellow envelopes but only 1 green application form. Can I make a copy of this form? I wanted to try to get 2 doe tags one for 2A and the other for 2B. Can I even do that? Any help you all can offer would be great.[/align]Thanks [/align]
Old 08-02-2006, 11:29 AM

Default RE: NEED HELP WITH PA DOE TAGS

You're first doe license application can't reach the county treasurer (sp) before August 7th. Then there is a second and third round for unsold doe license's, I'm not sure about the dates you can check the Pa Game Commission website for more details. You can only send in one application for the first round of doe licenses. In your digest there is an application for unsold doe licenses. You can make as many copies as you want from the one that's in your digest.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

You are only allowed to apply for one tag during the first round. So pick either 2A or 2B for the first round. Choose the one that you think you will be hunting more is my suggestion. Or the one with fewer tags offered. Then if there are still tags available for the first round unsold tags, you can apply for the other WMU. It seems to me 2B is one of the WMU that always have lots of tags so you should be able to get one on the second round (first round unsold). Check out the PGC website for more details....www.pgc.state.pa.us......

Remember to fill out everything on the form and the envelope.....hope this helps.

Heres a link to get you started....
http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/lib/pgc/digestpdfs/2006/deer_season.pdf
....third page on down to the end.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

yep they all nailed it.....i think theres a round every 2 weeks if im not mistaken....2b usually ALWAYS has them left over so send for the other WMU first.....i need to get my license on my lunch tomarrow!! follow the checklist on the envelope....its pretty thorough...forget oneeee little minor thing and itll come back.....dont forget 2 stamps..fill it ALL out....sign etc etc........
Old 08-02-2006, 06:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Send for 2A first. you could still pick up 2B tags any time. They will not sell out before you get a chance to apply.
Old 08-03-2006, 08:04 AM

Hey everybody
Thanks for your help! I got everything filled out and in the mail.
Rookie!
Old 08-03-2006, 08:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

That may not be a good thing. If you mailed it this morning then there is a chance that it will be received in Harrisburg tomorrow. If it does then they will throw it in the dead letter box...or return it to you. They will not accept doe license applications until Monday.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

That may not be a good thing. If you mailed it this morning then there is a chance that it will be received in Harrisburg tomorrow. If it does then they will throw it in the dead letter box...or return it to you. They will not accept doe license applications until Monday.
Lets hope the mail is a little slow with your envelope. I always wait till Friday afternoon to mail mine and it has always worked well.

Even if you get lucky andthis works out OK, I'd wait till Friday Aug 25 in the afternoon to send for your second one
Old 08-04-2006, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

if it does get there early they should send it back to you. As long as they don't sell out of that wmu the first few days you can just send it back right away and you should still get one. the extra tag form is located in the book for the later rounds and it says right on it what date it needs to be in. Good luck.