Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

LETS ROLL USP !!!!!

Old 08-28-2006, 08:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: LETS ROLL USP !!!!!

"What position do you hold in any sportsmen's organization? Or are you one of those who simply stand on the side lines and comment on the doings of othersrather than become involved and contribute."

When I answeredyour samequestion several years agoon another site, you pronounced me to be a mere janitor. I'll answer it again, although it's doubtful your judgement has changed since then:

20 years, director, sportsmen's club with over 1000 paid/honorary memberships (nearly double that including family members);Ranges/Buildings/Grounds/Equipment director at same club; NRA rifle safety instructor;County delegate, PFSC for the past coupla years; Judgeweekly club block shoots, 20+ years; Attended all but one PGC meeting in the past 6or 7years, many PGCmeetingsprior to that.

Helped withyouth field days; mopped a few floors, parked a few cars,cleaned up a few messes, repaired a few tractors, toilets and water systems, etc.

Justthe usual stuff that someone alwayshas to do, because there's alwayssomeone else who decided they were fartoo important to do them.

[8D]

(Oops,embarrassedaboutomittingthe 13 years on local Friends of the NRA banquet committee,or thenumerous days spent volunteering at the NRA booth,during the Eastern Sports and Outdoors show at the Farmshow complex).

Man, I ain't bragged that much in years, sorry.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:33 AM

ORIGINAL: deerfly

You may be in never never land or caught in a time wharp. In just 5 years the buck harvest has been reduced to the harvest levels in 1983, but the antlerless harvests are at the harvest levels of 1990. That shows that we are still reducing the herd ,despite what the PGC is saying about antlerless allocations keeping the herd stable.
So, since PA is gone deerfly, where do you live now? By whatever name, you are surely a one trick pony.
"What position do you hold in any sportsmen's organization? Or are you one of those who simply stand on the side lines and comment on the doings of othersrather than become involved and contribute."
Old 08-29-2006, 07:35 AM

Wouldn't it be great if all of those who post on this forum were to be only minimally involved in a sportsmen's organization. Asking if your involved is a very legitimate question and one which we should all ask ourselves along with the question, "Do you belong to the NRA?". I posed that question to Denny a couple of years ago and he was not involved in any major sportsmen's group. I labeled all his previous efforts "Janitorial Services." I was simpley challenging him to do something for ALL sportsmen, not just work for his gun club. As you can read it obviously worked as now he's involved with the PFSC.

If more hunters and trappers would attend their gun club meetings and maybe a PGC meeting once every couple of years things might be better managed in Pennsylvania.

Ask yourself,....what contribution have I made to the sport? If you can't answer that then you might want to join a club or sportsmens organization. Get involved and stay informed. Don't let voices on an internet forum direct you. Find out for yourself.

Remember, the folks at the Elmerton office work for you. They're public servents. Demand they serve your interests.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Crazy Horse RVN

P.S. Let go of the hate "DougF", let go of the hate.
Pot meet kettle, Crazy Horse, i sense a lot of hatred and resentment in all of your posts, i think when uttering the above phrase you should be looking in the mirror.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:49 AM

John,
It's difficult to get people to be involved in their local club let alone a state wide organization.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:07 AM

"T" so true. I really think that it's a case of apathy. Until things get much worse hunters will accept whatever is spoon fed to them. Unless one gets involved, one really has very little to say about how things go.
No different than going to your gun club meeting. You have to remember, those who attend the meetings are the people who set the rules and run the club. Those who don't attend can only follow what others dictate.

Why "Bowtech Joe" how can you say such a thing. I'll have you know I'm the nicest guy I know. Just ask me and I'll tell you.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:11 AM
Typical Buck

CrazyHorse wrote: "I was simpley challenging him to do something for ALL sportsmen, not just work for his gun club. As you can read it obviously worked as now he's involved with the PFSC."

Actually, that's not quite true in the context ofour previous exchanges of several years ago, since my meagerservice to the NRA, FNRA, regional efforts like Cabela's Pro-Am 3DNortheast regional tournaments in the mid-90sand multi-county youth field days,long predated his evaluation of my contributions as beingmerely local and janitorial in nature.

He did help tomake it somewhateasier forme togetinvolved in thePFSC though.As for achoicebetweentheother groupor the PFSC, it was an easy decision on my part, when asked to becomethe county delegate.

Old 09-14-2006, 11:01 AM

Old 09-14-2006, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep,that will all stand up in court.It sounds like a 3rd grader crying because him mom made him do his homework instead of letting him go out and play.

Isee they've now included the phantom mountain lions as impacting the deer herd.Maybe someone can forward them a picture of some of these bobcats.I hope they didn't pay a premium price for that attorney.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:13 PM
Typical Buck

Already had the opportunity to read it in its entirety earlier today.

Boy, that sounds like arational idea, doesn't it: Disregard professional biologists and wildlife mangers in favor of allowing a court to dictate deer management, in the hope that perhapssome people will stop bawlin'?

I liked a commentmade earlier in the document, where USP essentially nowsays that greater numbers of deer will do abetter job of managing regen for the benefit of all wildlife. Thought yinz guys were locked into theconcept of not worrying about other wildlife...just give us all the deer we want and tahellwidd all that warm and fuzzyhabitat stuff?

Quick Reply: LETS ROLL USP !!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.