Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Anyone seeing any bucks in NY???

Old 07-17-2006, 09:39 PM

Default RE: Anyone seeing any bucks in NY???

Well, i almost hit a nice 6 point in Big Flats (rt 352) there other day. Big body and rack!! Too bad he wasn't in my hunting grounds....he'd be a nice one come season!
Old 07-19-2006, 11:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Anyone seeing any bucks in NY???

The boys are looking good! I've been seeing some beauties every night I've been outfor a drive.

There's a3 yr. old 9-pt. hanging around my aunt's alfalfa field that I'd really like to get a crack at with my bow. He's really blossomed in the past couple of weeks and now is a P&Y class deer. Looks like he's currently trying to put a G4 on his right side but I don't know if it'll make an inch or not. He sure will be a stud if he makes it another year or two...I'm honestly rooting for him to make it through season. There's also a really nice "lop-sided" 8-pt. hanging around down there that also looks to be a 3 yr. old...he's got a beautiful thick, long-tined 4-pt. side on his left, but the other side is conciderably smaller and kind of weird looking. I'm guessing he might of caught a slug in the left hindquarter last fall. What a shame...he woulda been a great 130 class 8-pt. There's also a nice palmated beamed 2-yr. old that I've got my eyes on, he's currently a 8-pt. but is trying hard to become a 10. It appears that he's got a bit of growing left yet.

The local soybean field is the hotspot right now for seeing deer with severalnicebucks and 15-20 does and scrubs out there every night. The biggest two bucks that I've seen so far are a long-tined 130-135 class 8-pt. and another 19-20" buck thats at least an 8-pt. but its kinda hard to tell while he's feeding or bedded down in the beans a couple of hundred yards away. Several hundred acres of the best bedding cover in theimmediate areahas been off limits to hunting for the past three seasons now so I can only image some of the bucks that show up out there after nightfall. I might try to get permission to hunt the property surrounding the beanfield this fall.

Well, enough of my rambling. Has anyone else been seeing the bucks now?