Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Anyone in DE had license or HIP issues?

Old 07-03-2006, 06:34 PM

Default Anyone in DE had license or HIP issues?

I bought my license, waterfowl stamp and deer tags online July 1st. When I tried to get my HIP number, the website said my license number was invalid. I contacted the HIP EMail and they said I need to check with DNREC to straigthen out my license number. I think the HIP system is F'd up because the phone line has been busy the last 3 days. Anyone else having issues?

Old 07-04-2006, 05:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Anyone in DE had license or HIP issues?

Havn't bought my 1st De license yet. What is a HIP number? I might just buy it at Shooters Supply on 13 in Dover instead of on line.
Old 07-04-2006, 08:24 AM

What is a HIP number
If you hunt migartory birds, you need a HIP number. To get one you need to take a survey of your harvest from the prior year. It helps the Feds keep track of the waterfowl kills.

Buying the license online is quick, easy and usually very convienient. You can print it out on your printer. They even offered a camo background this year, but I didnt try that. The only draw back in my opinion is the paper issue. If you buy the license at a store, they have the thick card board type paper, which holds up alot better if it gets wet. Using standard paper doesnt hold up as well.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks Duck. It looks like I will be hunting Cedar Swamp my first year in De. Going on a second scouting trip of the place this weekend.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:12 PM

Got this straightened out. Turned out to be my fault. If you buy your license Online, you need to choose the Online Resident License option. I was trying to use the standard Resident License option.

What was cool is that someone responded to my inquiry personally from DNREC. I've never had to wait more than 24 hours to get an answer to my any of my questions from them. Real Class acts!

Now if they'd only cancel those Oct Anterless Shotgun Doe days,,,,, [8D][8D]

Just Kidding!!!!!!!