Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Place to hunt in MD

Old 11-13-2002, 09:37 AM

Default RE: Place to hunt in MD

Njbucktail, the Bow Season goes until the end of Jan.31st.Gun Season opens Nov.30th. and goes for two weeks and the Sat. after that Blackpowder opens for two weeks but, you can use Bow during any of these seasons also.
Old 11-13-2002, 04:08 PM
Spike

Actually bow season goes out during the firearms and muzzleloader seasons and resumes after each until the begining of the next until it ends on Jan 31. See www.dnr.state.md.us for more details, go to the wildlife page for the hunting guide. You can still hunt with a bow during those seasons, but must abide by the firearms rules. The deer is checked in as a firearms kill and you must wear orange. Firearms season comes in the Saturday after Thanksgiving and runs for 2 weeks. You can also find many public places listed on these pages.

http://homestead.juno.com/ncsfkids/FieldDay.html

Old 11-14-2002, 08:20 AM

Thanks for the info! I will check out some of the WMA's, since I'm not to fimiliar with the area.
Old 11-15-2002, 12:42 PM
ARO

there are plenty of good public hunting lands in maryland, and plenty with "quality" deer. i have seen numerous 115 and higher inch deer come off public land, i consider those good deer for maryland.
the key is, get off the beaten path, be willing to walk a good distance. or even better, if they have fire trails, take a mountain bike. pick a piece of public hunting land, and really do some scouting, especially before the season. the more time you spend in the woods, the better your success will be!!!!

good luck!!!
ARO

www.hunting-pictures.com/members/ARO/deer.html