Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Hopefull In Pa

Old 06-25-2006, 02:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default Hopefull In Pa

I know its still early yet but has anyone seen any promising bucks. Ive seen a few who are gonna be dandys come fall.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hopefull In Pa

Not yet, as soon as this rain stops, I'm going scouting. Gonna bring the digital camera too!
Old 06-28-2006, 04:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

i am excited for this coming season and hope to have a bow in my hands before the season for the first time this year. been wanting to all my life just never had the time/money to devote to bow hunting and practicing. im trying to save the money now. one farm i know of atleast 3 bucks that survived. one was a NICE beauty of a 6pt. perfect rack..nice tine legnth and around a 14 inch spread. he should be a dandy this year. another was a healty racked 3pt i think. nothing huge but he had some potential i think. seemed to have a big spike on one side though and the other was a good side..a nice 3-4 inch g2 and maybe a brow i couldnt tell every time i seen him. the other was a shooter last year. we had 2 legal 8+pts running around the same farm..one was seen in febuary or march walking through the pasture. im pretty excited. thats just one small farm. plus my spot up at school and other spots around home. the farmer i rifle hunt with is excited for me to be bowhunting. he knows i have the patients and know how to become a good bowhunter with time. we do alot of drives in rifle and muzzleloader season and im always his designated shooter because i know where the shooters need to be setup and always do my part when it comes to dropping my deer. he will set me up in some good spots i bet. he set one kid up last year in bow season and the kid missed 2 shooter bucks and was back at the farm before 9am milking! we all told him to practice shooting his bow all summer he never listened. that was the last of his bowhunting. hope he practices or doesnt go out this season.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Heck they are still shootin the few left around here. Fields that had 40 in 3 years ago now you might see 1 or 2
Old 06-28-2006, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a friend who lives inBucks County, he said he has seen some real nice bucks so far this summer in his fields, hard to tell how big they are gonna be but obviously mature deer.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:21 AM

I saw 2 bucks last night. One is a definite non typical.. His antler was growing down over the side of his head while the other antler was normal. I will keep my eye on him and hopefully get some pictures of him.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:25 AM

Taken this morning. SGL in NC tier.

Old 06-28-2006, 09:28 AM

but antler restrictions dont work
Old 06-28-2006, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

ccm...im still skeptical about ARs...if it was a perfect world and no illegal bucks got shot and JRs didnt take illegal bucks then i think we would
DEFINENTLY see much better success from them. im convinced thats why the results are so-so. im not saying that ARENT working at all. some places they are. some places they dont seem to make a diffrence. i can say one thing. if not the size gone up i personally see more bucks then ever. but less deer in general. i hope ARs do work out in the end. im glad to be seeing more bucks. but what good are they if i can kill atleast half of them? we still had many nice bucks in the areas i hunt BEFORE ARs. ALL of PA did im sure. i havent noticed that i see MORE big bucks walking around then before. just see more bucks in general. which is kinda wierd. thee deer herd is lower. the doe count is waaaaaaay lower. yet we see more bucks? i hope the low doe number doesnt catch up with the system and we notice a drop in BUCK numbers. we will see what happens. some placed defiently see diffrent things.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saw one today in Montgomery County. About 16-17" spread, brow tines and branched up top. Couldn't tell if he was a 6 or an 8 as it was low light at dusk. Either way, he's got a while more to grow before the velvet comes off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.