Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Old Subject Trash in the Woods

Old 06-21-2006, 06:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Old Subject Trash in the Woods

Hi folks I know this is an old subject but I feel this cocerns us all.Here in Maine most of the land we use belongs to paper companies. An article in the June 20th paper states how bad it is getting here and I hope it never does in your area.

It appears itthat time is running out before they stop letting us use the backwoods wethat the paper companies share with us. Asyou can see it is not just a few people doing these wrong doings but even construction companies.The cost to track them down ,clean-up,and courts are putting a bigger burden on the companies than they wish to carry.

Hopefully this article will help bring more people out to stop
this before it is to late.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Old Subject Trash in the Woods

The problem is everywhere , and even if those companies post their land it will continue to happen . Your best bet would be to find a buddy who works for them and hunt there as his guest if the signs go up .
Old 06-26-2006, 10:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Hard to stop large scale dumping but I always do my part to carry out others junk if I can. I always have a game pouch, fanny packor back pack and it is simple topick upa bottle or candy wrapper and put it in the pouch when I see it. I keep a bucket in the back of the truck and it becomes filled usually in a few days of hunting. The same thing goes with ice fishing. It makes me sick when I see people enjoying a day out on the ice and then leave a pile of trash when they leave. Every little bit helps and if you aren't part of the solution you are part of the problem....CI
Old 06-26-2006, 11:12 AM

Increase the fines to where people will take notice. Too valuable a resource to be lost because of the actions of the minority.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

What a shame! ...and it all can be avoided. Like CI, I too have a few heavy duty green trash bags with me at all times and we always make it a point to cleanup any and all trash we come across.

A few years back we lost (driveable) access to land we have been hunting for years. All because someone dumped an old rug. The landowner had enough and putup a gatehalf way down the old tote road....