Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Deer hunting DVD's on NEast Public lands

Old 06-26-2006, 09:20 PM

Default RE: Deer hunting DVD's on NEast Public lands

Tom Blaise the Benoits Video man has a public land whitetails video...you can get it from great northern productions....

the Videos of the Benoitsare great ....real hunting ...

They do hunt for 30 days straight ...which most people do not get to do ...Do that for a 10 straight years and you will have racks for the wall
Old 06-27-2006, 07:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

You know that most (not all) but most of these so called pro hunters coulden't make it up here in the North East especially New England. You really have to hunt and scout around here. Listen to them when they say thaey are hunting with such and such outfitters. Defined = We show up and climb into stands that they set up and shoot the deer that they have been scouting on film. There not real hunters. Spend some time at the range shoot well get some sponsors who pay for the hunts and a film crew and you too can be a professional hunter. Why you guys buy these DVD's and support this kind of thing and line their pockets I will never understand. Don't spend your time in front of the TV use this time to get in the woods and learn from the deer and the land you hunt thats the best teacher you can ever have. There is no short cuts to deer hunting (thank god) just do it.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

A little off topic but there was a guy with a peculiar sounding last name that was all the rage in the magazines.. I think he had a relative in the spotlight too. They racked up an incredible amount of trophy bucks and wrote articles telling folks how to hunt..made alot of money for awhile. That is until they were found out to be the poachers they were. Does anyone remember their names? My point is that anyone that is pushing a product or selling advertising space as a product of hunting is suspect in my mind. They just are not playing on the same field as me, and I never compare them to myself. Most everything I see on TV goes right out the window when I step into my treestand. Too many guys watch that stuff and place too high an expectation on their own hunting, and end up disappointed. My favorite video is Bowhunting October Whitetails from the 80's. It's a classic. Totally different from the high dollar production stuff of today.
Oh, I just remembered the name of the poacher...Roger Rothhaar.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:22 PM
jf5

ORIGINAL: Mike Hill

You know that most (not all) but most of these so called pro hunters coulden't make it up here in the North East especially New England. You really have to hunt and scout around here. Listen to them when they say thaey are hunting with such and such outfitters. Defined = We show up and climb into stands that they set up and shoot the deer that they have been scouting on film. There not real hunters. Spend some time at the range shoot well get some sponsors who pay for the hunts and a film crew and you too can be a professional hunter. Why you guys buy these DVD's and support this kind of thing and line their pockets I will never understand. Don't spend your time in front of the TV use this time to get in the woods and learn from the deer and the land you hunt thats the best teacher you can ever have. There is no short cuts to deer hunting (thank god) just do it.
Hey, I agree with most of what you say. I spend more hours in the woods scouting than ever, its the only key to success. I don't watch DVD's as a shortcut at all,but SOME can be veryinstructional/helpfull to make you think of how you hunt. Just like a good deerbook. Others are worthless though. Seeing a guy shoot a buck on a privateTX ranch from a tower does nothing to help me here in my type of hunting. But the Benoit video as helpfull because they hunt similar covers in the same region I do. Even if I disagree with some of it.

Would I rather be scouting?? Hell yeah. But at night, when at home, an instrcutional DVD can be entertaining and helpful.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:44 PM

I have seen these of hunting hares in Northern NH-
http://www.milleroutdoors.com/videos/- I liked them, different

Waterfowling in NE - haven't seen it, but have done this search before http://www.store.nodakoutdoors.com/product_info.php/products_id/94

Good North East hunting videos, I like them because the guys are ordinary and don't always succeed but they appear to really love "the hunt" part.
http://www.predatoroutdoors.com/products.htm

Old 06-29-2006, 11:59 AM

Mike Hill
Some of us do not hunt in our state...I hunt in Maine and Ontario so scouting on a rainy SAT is not an option....A video is good entertainment...I bow hunt but the woods are small 100 to 500 acre peices...not as much fun as big woods...JMO

The Benoits and Tom Blaise are the real deal period....No one can claim they take 200 pound whitetails on Public land, year in and year out for 30 years like Lanny, Lane or Shane ...they hunt the big woods too which makes it even harder.....JMO
Old 07-05-2006, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

sc003ro

titleAndStar(6,0,false,false,"","")
Fawn

[align=center][/align]
Mike Hill
Some of us do not hunt in our state...I hunt in Maine and Ontario so scouting on a rainy SAT is not an option....A video is good entertainment...I bow hunt but the woods are small 100 to 500 acre peices...not as much fun as big woods...JMO

The Benoits and Tom Blaise are the real deal period....No one can claim they take 200 pound whitetails on Public land, year in and year out for 30 years like Lanny, Lane or Shane ...they hunt the big woods too which makes it even harder.....JMO

Are you challenging me???

You can take your snootey nose and put it where the sun don't shine.

I too hunt out of state but I hunt my own state as well and I spend a lot of time and a lot of money (And I am far from rich) going where I hunt and scouting. And if you think you can learn more sitting on yur a$$ on a rainey day watching TV then taking your money and spending it on gas insted of DVD's and getting out and scouting where you hunt well you have a lot more to learn then I gave you credit for. I have been hunting for over 40 years and can tell you I have not spent one red cent on some ones elses hunt on TV. I have read about the Benoits and talked to them personally at shows and they live not too far from some property I own. I feel I do pretty good as far as deer hunting goes and not to brag I have some respectful bucks to my credit ( I don't get them scored as they are a trophy to me I don't care what any one else thinks) Oh and by the way the best days to get out and scout are those rainey days your watching TV as it washes your sent away almost as soon as you put it down.
Mike
Old 07-05-2006, 10:52 AM

How do get challenge out of that....Pat yourself on the back alittle more....rainey was meant as in not much going on...Please the last thing I need a leasson on DEER HUNTING. I too have been hunting for 20 and have a few "nice ones" under my belt....

Again driving 8 hours one way to scout is not an option....

my point was if you are going to watch a video the Benoits is a good one....When I scout woods in CTI am gone for a minium of 4 or 5 hours.... much different than a 45 min DVD...you act like you are doing something wrong if you watch a 45 min video