Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Anti's resorting to blackmail

Old 06-06-2006, 06:02 AM
Typical Buck

Default Anti's resorting to blackmail

I read in my local paper the other night that a tree nursery had $100,000 worth of trees cut down recently, and a note attached to one of the stumps stating that more trees would be cut down if the nursery continued to allow hunting on their property. The newspaper article stated that the nursery was re-considering allowing hunting on their property in the future. I don't know about you guys, but this scares me to think that if this nursery decides not to allow hunting on their property because of this, that this might give more anti's the idea to use this tactic to take away more hunting lands from us. What's next? Lighting cornfields on fire? Burning down large tracts of public forests?

These anti's never cease to amaze me. How someone can think it's ok to threaten someones livlihood just to promote their ideals is beyond me.

Slice
Old 06-06-2006, 06:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Anti's resorting to blackmail

That is sad for sure, here we do not have nurseries. As we found out in our climate that for every tree you cut down 50 more grow to replace it of the roots.

On another note image driving along and find 3 moose and 2 deer dead and they were just shot and left to rot. This happened in this area and
in another area there was about 10 moose ( I cannot remember how many) shot to rot. The wardens claimed it was no poacher or sportman
that did this such a thing. It all makes you sick to see what these groups
will do to ruin the interests or image of the sportsman. So if we are to continue we all have to keep an eye on things like these mentioned
here to prove our cause.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:31 AM

Last I heard they wern't sure who did it, so it was Anti's and not sprotsmen??? If this is the same nursery I'm thinking of!!
Old 06-06-2006, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Geeeezzz - That is just plain Sick!

I hope to God they catch the scum bags and throw the book at em.Sounds like more than 1 guy/gal was in on that deal.Somebody will run there mouth and that hopefully will be there demise.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Send the tree huggers on the bunny huggers, that should be interesting.
Old 06-06-2006, 12:26 PM

113 young apple trees were cut down. The note mentioned they wanted the orchard owner to quit shooting deer for crop damage. Owner says they have not shot any deer in 2 years.
http://www.cumberlink.com/articles/2006/05/29/news/news11.txt
Old 06-06-2006, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

What will the deer eat? The stupid #astards killed the apples. People are really getting wacky. I call it guerilla liberalism.
Old 06-06-2006, 01:52 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: livbucks

People are really getting wacky. I call it guerilla liberalism.
I call it what it really is , domestic terrorism . The cops and FBI will look at it the same way , let's all hope that they catch them and string them up by their nuts . [:@]
Old 06-06-2006, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would volunteer a night or two a week to sit in the nursery with a loaded shotgun, and im sure they could find enough people to watch over it everynight for a while, but of course dont advertise that you are there, that might scare away the pray, i mean trespassers.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:33 AM

This happened not to far from where I live. One of the local Sportsman's clubs is going to help replant the trees, and possibly give a reward for the arrest of those responsible.

Quick Reply: Anti's resorting to blackmail

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.