Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Wolves KILL hounds!!

Old 06-05-2006, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wolves KILL hounds!!

As far as hunting predators, and making them fear us. Well thats absolutely ridicilous
Is it now? Where bears are regularly hunted, they fear and run from humans. Where they are protected, they EAT people. Sounds like plain old common wisdom to me.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, please provide me with some factual evidence that proves any of that (with regards to the bears).
With regards to having wolves under "control" - we had all but exterminated them? I am hard pressed to find any information that supports the idea that we should fear wolves any more than domesticated dogs as they seem to do quite a bit of attacking children, each other, and wild game.

Old 06-06-2006, 06:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think you must have forgotten something PA as the time has changed. The hunters was not here when wolves ruled the wilds. The skyscapers
and big fancy highways and all have changed everthing already. Or is it
the skyscrapes are more like a big old pine tree ? Or are the highways and freeways just simply rivers and streams to you?

The time for the wolves have come and gone and now bring em back?
Well first of all you should encourage the nice folks releasing them to release them in the cities first they were wild there once upon a time.
They are like the dinosaurs there time has come and gone. Where there was a few pockets of them left that is where they were needed to continue. They are no longer needed every place because you like them so well. You keep them in your back yard not mine!
Old 06-06-2006, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

If Jurassic Park was possible, should we do it, just because they were here at one time, and someone thinks it would be neat to have them here once more?

Old 06-06-2006, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im not at all adovacting bringing animals back from the dead. Wolves were not extinct, i do thing we should do our best to preserve them in what's left of wild areas. The point im trying to make about this whole article is everyone is going to get upset and what to kill the wolves for doing the only thing they know, but it reality you should be much more afraid of your neighbor's dog attacking your children.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's a valid point statistically. I think that the wolf re-introduction program is something that will snowball into a giant mess and some do not see the ramifications of doing this. As long as prey numbers are high and wolf numbers low, there will be few problems. But this can only go on so long until the hungry wolves are chewing on little "Jessica" and her poodle in the backyard because they are starving and now have no choice. When it comes to this, was re-introduction in the wolves best interest?
Humans and wolves battled, we won, that is nature. Leave be.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Livbucks, we could concievable "battle" every animal on the face of the earth and kill them all...that still doesn't make it right. I don't wanna see wolves released in everyone's backyard but i would like to see them remain in certain areas where it is possible under good management practices. We owe it to our future, to preserve at least a few of them so they may experience them as some of us did so that they are not just something to be read about in a fairy tale.

I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this one. No disrepect intended to you, you do raise some good points.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wolves do exist in the truly wild areas of the Earth. Re-introducing them into an area they were pushed from is not a true wild area. A true wild area is a place where human intrusion is a very rare occurance. I think the definition of wild has been skewed over time. In a "wild" setting, humans would not be coming to see them, hear them, photograph them. That is what zoos are for. With bars between them and us.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Instead of bringing them back into areas they were pushed from, maybe we should concentrate on preserving the truly wild areas that thay currently exist in.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

We never shall agree on this i guess, but it raises another great debate. Do animals have a right to exist outside of human interests? What does everyone think?

Quick Reply: Wolves KILL hounds!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.