Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

New Jersey, 11 year old girl spots cougar in tree

Old 05-28-2006, 08:59 PM

Default New Jersey, 11 year old girl spots cougar in tree

http://www.trackincats.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=283

Please play the video. read what I say about the officer that also seen the cougar. But.......there are no cougars in the EAST[:-]
Old 05-29-2006, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Jersey, 11 year old girl spots cougar in tree

Hmmm. Interesting. However if there is a cougar loose in Gloucester Twp NJ I think it would be pretty obvious that it is an escaped pet? Does anyone actually think there is a wild population of cougars in suburban NJ??? I say this because I don't think most people have any trouble believing the occasional cat turns up in the east, but most realize these are usually escaped pets, not indicative of a wild population.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

It will be interesting how it is played down or blamed on a captured/pet/domestic gotten loose story.....interesting to say the least and it comes back to what I've always said.....why not?

See, even as I typed and posted a skeptic, which we all can be, beat me to the first reply.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rob, have you ever been to Gloucester County NJ? This is a far cry from the mountains of PA....
Old 05-29-2006, 12:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

No, Bio in that respect I have to say no...I have not. I watched the link and it looked wooded but I absolutely have not been there. A cat, especially a male however can wonder large distances. Is there enough wooded area near the cat could have ranged from? All I said is why not? Turkeys, deer, coyotes live within the city limits of NY....why not a cat in NJ?

I'm a skeptic as well and it's prolly a released animal but I still won't close my mind to possibilities. Until I see one for myself, I'll remain skeptical but open minded and then everyone can disbelieve me too.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rob, there aren't any areas close enough by to support a large cat. As for deer and turkeys living within city limits you know the big cats need and demand a much larger space. Like I said its not an area like the mountains in PA where a cat could travel long distances without being noticed. But I guess you never know.... it would be interesting if they catch it what they can tell from it....
Old 05-29-2006, 03:25 PM

I'm going to get my cougar tag this season
Old 05-29-2006, 05:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Your right Bio, it'll be interesting if they do catch it. Prolly has reminants of a collar or something.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Bionicrooster

Rob, there aren't any areas close enough by to support a large cat. As for deer and turkeys living within city limits you know the big cats need and demand a much larger space. Like I said its not an area like the mountains in PA where a cat could travel long distances without being noticed. But I guess you never know.... it would be interesting if they catch it what they can tell from it....
I lived in Camden County from 1996 to 2005 right on the Glouster County Line at the beginning of the AC Expwy. There is plenty of space to harbour a big cat in either county. He could just be passing through, heck he could go the whole distance of the AC Expwy all the way to the ocean, plenty of habitat to support them if they keep moving which is why this cat appeared when he did, just passing through from somewhere else. Of course this is JMHO.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I currently live in Camden County, and I doubt a cougar would have enough space to live. Passing through, maybe. But from and two where? From the ocean to the Delaware River?

Quick Reply: New Jersey, 11 year old girl spots cougar in tree

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.