Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

New Jersey, 11 year old girl spots cougar in tree

Old 05-30-2006, 11:51 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Jersey, 11 year old girl spots cougar in tree

Just remember theres no big cats this side off the Missip. river thats what all the game officals tell us. Rich
Old 06-02-2006, 05:27 AM

Wow, I just finished a year long project for Camden Cnty. It's an awful busy county. Bet the cat would not last long in Camden City.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

my 11 year old saw an alien in my hallway last year. not an illegal, but a star wars type extraterrestrial.

just fyi

Old 06-02-2006, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

They shouldhave shotit out of the tree so they could then take their time looking it over for claws and collars. Easy is best.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:04 PM

not hard to believe....I seen one last year near the NJ border.....just a tad north of that area...
Old 06-17-2006, 09:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: RWK

Just remember theres no big cats this side off the Missip. river thats what all the game officals tell us. Rich
pgc also says they are pets or they dont exist. right. they are here in pa. where there is food, thats where they will go. with the lack of game here in pa.it would not surprise me if you see a cougar in your garbage in morning.they will go where its easy to get meal.i dont believe that pet thing .they must think we are stupid.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:01 PM

ORIGINAL: livbucks

They shouldhave shotit out of the tree so they could then take their time looking it over for claws and collars. Easy is best.
The children seen it in the tree not the police officer...The police officer seen it on the ground...
Old 06-18-2006, 09:04 PM

ORIGINAL: sproulman

pgc also says they are pets or they dont exist. right. they are here in pa. where there is food, thats where they will go. with the lack of game here in pa.it would not surprise me if you see a cougar in your garbage in morning.they will go where its easy to get meal.i dont believe that pet thing .they must think we are stupid.
I think they say this cause they don't want to panick people about real mcoys living in Pa...
Old 06-18-2006, 09:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Daniel__

ORIGINAL: sproulman

I think they say this cause they don't want to panick people about real mcoys living in Pa...
you are right, thats why they wont come out and investigate a sighting and take prints etc. why cause a lot of panic or extra work. as for pets, i believe some could have been a pet BUT to label everytime someone sees one as PET, i dont believe that.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

If a pet is left out long enough it will become wild. I remember packs of dogs in the 70's and 80's in PA that became wild. No difference with a hungry cat!!!!! It seems to me that there would be a bigger problem if it were a pet, now you have a wild animal that is used to human encounters..... Why would a cat get out of a tree, and hang around long enough for an officer to walk in to the woods and see it? If it were born and raised wild, that cat would have tucked tail and got the heck out. I see indications where it may have been around humans at one time and had the instinct to stay near. Not saying that there are not wild ones around. Just the actions of the cat don't add up.

Quick Reply: New Jersey, 11 year old girl spots cougar in tree

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.