Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Delaware Landowners going too far!

Old 05-12-2006, 07:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Delaware Landowners going too far!

If you do get this degree are you going to work for the gooberman to stop all these capitalist or are you going to get a real job and lend money to people that want to develope the land for families to live on?

The real world is a tough place to live!

I have spent the last ten years paying for 150 acers in one track that I have been buying one small piece at a time .I have bought thirteen pieces over the years & now I control over a mile of property that the gooberment just spent three million dollars putting in a sewer line on.Now they want me to develope it .But The time is not right ,I have a daughter in school and I do not want to retire yet.But when I do my return on investment will make oil stocks look bad.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is this lady's land in the Chesapeake Bay Drainage??

If so then she (especially publicized like this) has fairly comprehensive guidelines to insure that her land does not damage others especially the water.

If she lives somewhere else then there are probably other guidelines she has to go by.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

You can do better than that .Just be more carefull about what you ask for .
Trees grow back the only way to protect land for wildlife is to make that land more valuable as habitat than as home lots.Some areas will never meet these standards.
Make the battles you pick the ones you can win.
The land I bought was clear cut the skidder ruts were four feet deep.
It has taken years and alot of cash to make it usefull again.But when I put it for sale I willget a great return on my money & I get to hunt & fish it all I want.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:45 PM

The real world is a tough place to live!
I still dont know where you get off talking this smack? So, caring about the enviornment is something we should all just forget about a let landowners do whatever they please and to hell with anything else? Its as real as it gets.

Now they want me to develope it .But The time is not right ,I have a daughter in school and I do not want to retire yet.But when I do my return on investment will make oil stocks look bad
So you are a sell out too? Since we have a landowner present that can give us some real insight, let me ask you this, if the state could offer you a deal that wouldnt give you as much as a developer to perserve your land, but enough to make you and your close family comfortable if you took that money and invested it wisely, would you take the larger sum or take a little less and preserve the land?
Old 05-12-2006, 09:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Will I settle for less from the gooberman ? Never!
I have spent years planting apple trees ,building ponds & cutting down poor quality trees.I have created a wildlife wonderland that I enjoy every day.
When I put it for sale I hope to find a man that like myself busted their a$$ @ work so they could enjoy a life in the woods as I have.My Land is worth a lot as housing units but its worth alot more as a woodland retreat.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:06 PM

Will I settle for less from the gooberman ? Never!
I have spent years planting apple trees ,building ponds & cutting down poor quality trees.I have created a wildlife wonderland that I enjoy every day.
When I put it for sale I hope to find a man that like myself busted their a$$ @ work so they could enjoy a life in the woods as I have.My Land is worth a lot as housing units but its worth alot more as a woodland retreat.
So your goal is to preserve the land that you have worked so hard to create, but if someone will offer you more than the state and you know full well their plan is to rip out all those trees you've planted and put up houses, you will sell to the private bidder for more $$$?
Old 05-12-2006, 09:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

In my mind you betcha !!!!

In my heart I don't know that time has not come.

But that choice should not be anyones but mine.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:30 PM

In my mind you betcha !!!!
Then you are just an investor looking to make a profit. And thats fine, just dont try and play it off to us here that you care more about the land and the enviornment.

But that choice should not be anyones but mine.
Agreed, I just hope you keep an open mind when that time comes.

Old 05-14-2006, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

How much land do you own, Duck? Just wondering.

I have 450 +/- acres...and it's amazing the restrictions ALREADY that the gov't wants to place on my land...and it's in CENTRAL WV.

This post isn't an argument...just wondering if you can shed any insight from your area.

I live in central Ohio, and own 6 acres here...the regs here are rediculous. My neighbors are trying to get me to mow my entire 6 acres. Good luck with that one. LOL
Old 05-14-2006, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know like many many other Delawarians where your coming from on this allthough many who don't live here or not familiar with the Habitat Rape have no clue.Zoning is a joke.People feel they have the right to convert there land despite the effect it may have on the ecosystem and infrastructure(sp).

The developers are running up the scare tactics to convince land owners they have all the rights,the state has none and there land value will take a nose dive in value if the state reclassifies land and/or density use.
This is pure Cow Dung.

I put most if not all the blame on our town councils,county commisioners,DOT,and all elected officials up the food chain for not stepping up to the plate on zoning,rezoning,land use,density issues etc...
I guess that's a little much to ask when many elected officials are sleepijng with the enemy so to speak or have a direct conflict of interest on the issue.

The state has every right to preserve land from developement particularly the sensitive our ecosystems.It also has every right to purchase land as it does at every opportunity.They have in fact purchased hundreds if not thousands of acres in Sussex county much of which is on or around wetlands that would otherwise become homes or condos with no public land use.That means you and I have no access to hunt,fish or even set foot.

What this lady did to her property might come back to bite her in the Butt. But goes to show you what people will do to prove a point or the almighty $$buck$$.

I can tell you that most of the people in this state do NOT have the same attitude as this lady or some in this thread.She is a minority at best

Quick Reply: Delaware Landowners going too far!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.