Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Time Warner cable - Outdoor Channel - Syracuse

Old 05-01-2006, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Time Warner cable - Outdoor Channel - Syracuse

Just went to watch some hunting shows since I already got my bird for the day and channel 105 Outdoor channel in Syracuse is gone. I started searching then I started boiling with anger!!!

Called Time Warner who explained that that channel is now in a sports pack. It cost $1.99 which isn't bad but its just the fact. I work mid nights and sleep days so I have a DVR to record all the shows while I sleep. Think they would give a warning or something.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Time Warner cable - Outdoor Channel - Syracuse

I pay $1.99 for the Outdoor Channel on DISH Network.[&:]
Old 05-01-2006, 04:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd love to have OTC, but Comcast doesn't carry it, even a la carte! If it weren't for high speed internet being so much less expensive on cable versus satellite, I'd have satellite instead!
Old 05-01-2006, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah it sucks.
they did give some kind of warning, my mother showed me the thing she got telling about it weeks before hand.

I think its stupid to put the outdoor channel in with the sports package. We now have to pay for basketball to watch hunting shows. Just another way fo the cable company making you pay for things you dont want to get the things you do want.

I know everybody has said it at one point or another, but i wish you could pay for jsut the channels you want. Right now you pay for hundreds of channels you dont watch. I want like 20 channels, but the 20 channels that i want to pick out.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:41 AM
Dominant Buck

TJ , there's rumblings of ala carte pricing in both the cable and satellite industries because of consumer discontent . When big dishes were the norm ala carte was the normal way , the minis took their pricing cue from cable and are now starting to feel the pinch as a result .

If it weren't for high speed internet being so much less expensive on cable versus satellite, I'd have satellite
The price for sat high speed internet is already falling and will continue to do so because they have to compete with other broadband sources , cable will only increase .
Old 05-02-2006, 05:49 PM

well you think that is bad i pay 5.00 a moth so i can have outdoor channel and another hunting channel and came to found out that it's for free now with my cable company but still paying the same because of the other channel
Old 05-08-2006, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is all I watch when the old ladys not home that is
Old 05-09-2006, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

Just found it on TWC channel 243 here in syracuse. Maybe they just changed the #
Old 05-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Typical Buck

I was wonderin where that went![:@]
Old 05-16-2006, 10:40 AM
Fork Horn

I hate my cable bill!!!!!!!!!! but they did send a letter last month about the change. Sorry.

Quick Reply: Time Warner cable - Outdoor Channel - Syracuse

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.