Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Did anybody watch WNEP-TV 16's PA Outdoor Life (Update)

Old 04-27-2006, 03:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Does anybody watch WNEP-TV 16's PA Outdoor Life (Update)

The show that you are talking about sounds like Call of the Outdoors, it was on channel 8 out of Lancaster, at one time it was the longest running outdoor show in the USA, the first host was Harry Elliman (sp), then Tom Fegley, it was a great show then Jack Hubley took over and it went down the tubes.
Rob sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun, sure wish we could get that show here in Lancaster Co. Good luck to all you guys and stay safe.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck tomorrow Rob.

Do you guys plan on setting up just once, and waiting them out all day, or is the equipment light/mobile enough that you'll be able to reposition yourself if such a situation presents itself?
Old 04-28-2006, 10:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks quiksilver, we're putting one to bed tonight and will probably set up on it. We've been scouting for weeks and have birds pretty nailed down however you know birds, it could change tonight. Anyway, if that setup doesn't work out as it often does not, we will run and gun...hey I ain't carrying the camera. He'll just have to keep up...LOL
Old 04-28-2006, 10:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah Rob, being able to pack up and hoof it definitely helps your chances. While it makes for a nice, relaxing day to just "drop anchor" and put out the dekes, kick your feet up and wait, it's usually more productive to go after 'em when things get slow.

Here's to getting some good footage.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey all, well the hunt has taken place and I'm thinking back on the whole event. Friday evening we taped at my house and went over the interview, the prehunt and the calls and explanations on the calls. It was a lot of fun. We went out before dark and roosted a bird and went over the hunt again, the setup and then low and behold, we had a gobbler answer and we closed the show for the night....

Saturday, we'll I'm not suppose to give away the ending so those that can, you will have to tune in next Sunday, May 7th at 6:30 PM and watch the show. For the rest of you, you'll have to wait for the show to be over and I'll anounce the outcome here or, watch my journal entries for the whole story.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ahh, nice tease Rob.

They got the bird....

I look forward to the show. I have told many of the "regulars" down at the shop about it so there should be alot of folks watching in my neck of the woods.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

PABowhntr, Enjoy the show.....

I tuned in this past Sunday and the basketball game ran over and I'll be torqued if that happens this next Sunday. I understand they rerun the show but I'm not sure when that is. I'll have to check online.

Please come back with feedback, criticism, complaints or suggestions.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well...........who watched it and what happened!?

Old 05-08-2006, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I watched the show last night! Execelent hunt,that was a nice bird Ken Hunter shot,it looked like everyone had a great hunt...
Old 05-08-2006, 03:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

PaJack, thanks alot, we did have a great time. The footage of the women who shot the bird was filmed by me about 5 years ago. That was her first bird then. I'm glad you enjoyed the show.

Matt, you can still view the footage on www.wnep.com and then click PA Outdoor Life, play seg 1 and 2. I watched it on line today as well. Course I have it on tape and they are sending me a DVD so the next time your up, I'll throw it in.

Quick Reply: Did anybody watch WNEP-TV 16's PA Outdoor Life (Update)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.