Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Did anybody watch WNEP-TV 16's PA Outdoor Life (Update)

Old 04-25-2006, 05:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Does anybody watch WNEP-TV 16's PA Outdoor Life (Update)

I think Joe zone and stan somebody or other were the co-hosts.
It was Stan Sowa (spelling?). That was the time that I used to watch it religiously. I try to watch it now but 6:30 pm on a Sunday just seems like such a hard time to remember to tune in the show. Be sure I will though Rob. Sounds like a great publicity event for the call company.

I cant get it in Delaware, but years ago I used to watch Channel 8 out of Lancaster with an outdoor show that was hosted by a noted outdoor writer who is still pretty popular in Pa, just cant recall his name now
Ron,

I think you may be thinking of Tom Fegley. He had an outdoor show that was televised out of Reading or Lancaster...I cannot remember which but he is an outdoor writer and at one point put together the weekly outdoor columns for the local newspaper.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

QuickS....We'll filming Friday evening for some of the exposure footage, then hopefully putting a bird to bed and then filming all day Saturday, hunting only til noon of course and then any necessary filler footage. They said depending on the footage they may make two shows out of it, one about Friday night and then one about the actual hunt. Thanks for the wishes.

Frank, thanks and your right, I met Stan several times and happen to be at an outdoor writer conference when they honored Stan for his work both as a writer and as the show's producer/host. I also know Tom Fegley rather well. I was honored to be printed in his book on hunting PA Turkeys....I also had the honor of guiding Tom as well as many other outdoor writers.

Okay, reading back I am getting redundant.

I was out scouting this morning and I wish the show would have taken place today. It figures....I had 3 longbears spittin and drummin as they strutted past me at 40 yards along with jakes yelping, hens cutting and fighting all the while I sit motionless without ever making a sound.....I'm definatley pumped about the season. Tonight I'm scouting another spot to put a some to bed...got to keep them located not only for this show but for me.

Old 04-27-2006, 09:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Rob,

Though I am sure I do not need to say it....good luck. It sounds like you are going to have alot of fun this weekend.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck with the hunt Rob. Although I don't get the show so I'll have to tune in here to see how everything goes.

Ron,
I live in Lancaster and Channel 8 is my local station and the only outdoorsman that comes to mind for me is Jack Hubley(sp) although I'm not sure he's on channel 8 or not.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks guys, I was out scouting again this morning and had 2 longbeards plus 4 jacks wonder by at 35 yards in a field. I knew I'd hear them cause I put them to roost last night. I never made a peep and they carried on like no tomorrow. Now if only they cooperate like that Friday night and Saturday morn.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

To all of you that dont get the channel or not around to watch it at 6 30 sunday, you can got to www.wnep.com and then click on the outdoor life on the left of the page. you can then watch the show on you computer
at anytime.

this is how i watch the show because i work 2nd shift and dont get many weekends off.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cool, I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the tip. Oh, and by the way Rob, what's a "Jack"
You got me, sometimes the fingers go quicker than the brain and since that made me smile, I'm not even going to correct it..., ROB

Old 04-27-2006, 01:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I loved that show when I was a kid living in Schuylkill Co........now down here in York Co. we don't get it anymore.
I can still hear that theme music if I think hard on it and I haven't seen that show in maybe 15-20yrs?

Good luck Rob, make sure you tape it for me.

Old 04-27-2006, 01:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Oh shoot bearklr, I went to quote your post and I edited yours instead...well the important rib was still there, sorry my friend. I guess my brain was slow again...lol did I mess up bigtime...I guess I have birds on the brain.

Matt, I'll be sure to tape it for ya.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Oh shoot bearklr, I went to quote your post and I edited yours instead...well the important rib was still there, sorry my friend. I guess my brain was slow again...lol did I mess up bigtime...I guess I have birds on the brain.

Matt, I'll be sure to tape it for ya.
LOLThat's pretty funny. Now we'll just have people who are just now joining this thread really confused when they get to my last post.

Quick Reply: Did anybody watch WNEP-TV 16's PA Outdoor Life (Update)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.