Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

What the DCNR wants

Old 04-21-2006, 07:57 PM

Default RE: What the DCNR wants

I have to agree. Many of them are probably Deputy Game Wardens, Game Wardens and Governor Rendell's PGC employees. Keep in mind that when (not if) DCNR overruns Rendell's PGC there will be substantial layoffs. Many of these posters will be looking for work in an area that is wanting for jobs.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have to agree the DCNR will take over and hunting won't be on their agenda.Rendell and the Philly boys he appointed are no doubt antis.Hunter numbers will start dropping at a higher rate then last year.I justed talked to two hunters that have a camp in southern potter that decided to call it quits.They are surrounded by state forest and after reading the proposal from dcnr to hold a three month rifle season they realize it's a lost cause.
This proves they aren't interested in keeping a balanced herd they want them brought down to the lowest numbers possible or eliminated.It's ashame because so many people are reliant on state forest lands for hunting deer.Soon enough they will get their wish for that three month season.
One thing that sticks out about this is the overlap of bear season.If that was combined with deer there would be so many people buying bear tags that system would have to go to a lottery with many not getting bear tags.Wonder how that would go over.
Old 04-23-2006, 07:23 AM

What really got me was when the proposal said hunters needed more time to get to the pockets of deer that still remained, talk about the mask coming off, there's no way anyone could support this and call themselves a hunter!!!
Old 04-23-2006, 07:48 AM

http://pennsylvania.sierraclub.org/PAChapter/Forest%20Management/Management.htm

Hey look who's in contact with the DCNR promoting old growth and trying to stop timber!!!!!
Old 04-23-2006, 09:46 AM
Typical Buck

The Audubon and the Sierra Club has been pushing for the deer slaughter for a long time, they know as long as the deer is in the woods the hunters will hunt, no deer no hunters.
They are the big pushers for PA. WILD'S, NO ROOM FOR HUNTERS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2006, 09:57 AM

Thats why I posted it, people say this is conspiercy theories, but to me DCNR is sounding just like these other hippies!!!
Old 04-23-2006, 10:35 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Four Sox

What really got me was when the proposal said hunters needed more time to get to the pockets of deer that still remained, talk about the mask coming off, there's no way anyone could support this and call themselves a hunter!!!
Here is the pockets they were talking about.

April 11, 2006
By Christian Berg
Of The Morning Call

Responding to a growing public outcry over deer-vehicle collisions, Lyme disease and damaged crops and landscaping , the Pennsylvania Game Commission has released its first-ever plan to manage whitetails in urban and suburban areas.
A draft version of the plan, posted Monday on the agency's Web site, includes a wide range of new tools designed to control burgeoning deer populations in Pennsylvania's most populous communities. Among them are more liberal hunting regulations, longer hunting seasons and non-traditional methods such as professional sharpshooters, deer feeding bans and deer-management training seminars for mayors, police chiefs and other local officials.
''It's no secret why there is great difficulty managing urban/suburban deer populations,'' said Jeannine Tardiff, a commission deer biologist and the plan's author. ''A deer population inaccessible to hunters can quickly exceed the tolerance level of those in the community. The safety issues can become serious, and property damage severe.
''We believe theā€¦plan provides a starting point from which the Game Commission can develop and implement a program that will help hunters, landowners and municipal officials achieve mutually acceptable goals of increasing hunting opportunities and greater control of the deer population in highly developed areas of the state.''
Overabundant deer are a growing problem in many urban and suburban areas across Pennsylvania, including portions of the Lehigh Valley, Philadelphia suburbs and Poconos.
Large numbers of deer living in close proximity to large numbers of people has put Pennsylvania among the national leaders in the number of deer-related automobile accidents and new cases of Lyme disease, which is carried by deer ticks.
Last year, auto insurer State Farm released the results of a survey that ranked Pennsylvania No. 1 in the nation for deer-vehicle collisions. And statistics from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Pennsylvania indicate Pennsylvania has the second-highest Lyme disease infection rate in the nation.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:34 AM

I was actually talking about the Dmap wishes for state forest lands.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:15 PM

"And statistics from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Pennsylvania indicate Pennsylvania has the second-highest Lyme disease infection rate in the nation."

I for one believe this statement to be true.The proof is evident in the way it has affected the mental thinking ofGovernor Rendell's PGC Board of Commissioners.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

So one of the symptoms of lyme is liberal left wing thinking.

Quick Reply: What the DCNR wants

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.