Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA. Gun Laws

Old 04-12-2006, 07:26 PM

Default PA. Gun Laws

Can anyone tell me of any requirements for non-residents to purchase long guns in PA.

Thanks
Ron
Old 04-13-2006, 07:36 AM

Default RE: PA. Gun Laws

Do it before Rendell gets voted in for a second term!!!

Sorry couldn't help it.

Old 04-13-2006, 08:42 AM

ORIGINAL: ronrobb

Can anyone tell me of any requirements for non-residents to purchase long guns in PA.

Thanks
Ron
I understand you don't have to worry about the PA laws, they can only sell you what is legal in yourHOME state. For instance an M1 is considered an "assault rifle" in NYso a NY resident won't be able to buy one in PA. Good luck, I'm glad I don't live in NJ. []
(Sorry to rub it in)

ChuckS
Old 04-13-2006, 05:20 PM
Fork Horn

NJ gun laws are bad. But as for NY, just remember it is only in the city that we have crazy laws. Upstate is pretty lienent and I know a few people who have full carry permits. Lucky for me, I am a cop, and since HR218, I really don't have to follow any laws other than that one! I love it.
Old 04-13-2006, 05:57 PM

ronrobb,
Since you are a New Jersey resident, you would have to have a NJ firearms ID card. Just be aware not all PA dealers will sell to NJ residents.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

Actually one side note... because we purchase our guns in NY using our Police ID cards from work, it is actually pretty hard for me to get a gun anywhere but in NYC or the surrounding counties.

I was in Chenango County NY and tried to buy ammo with my ID card and theyrefused to sell it to me because I did not have a valid NY gun permit, technically.

It would be nice if now that the Fed Gov has given us the right to carry everwhere, they would issue a nation police concealed carry ID card to simplify the process.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:27 PM

Thanks for the help, I'll be sure to have my firearms ID with me.

Ron
Old 04-14-2006, 02:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

go to estate auctions on site and they will sell anyone a long gun , bid ,pay and take it home.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

It would be nice if now that the Fed Gov has given us the right to carry everwhere, they would issue a nation police concealed carry ID card to simplify the process.
I'd like to see a nation wide concealed carry ID card for all citizens. It's strange, I have concealed carry permits for both NY and PA. 2 very populated and liberal states. Well if I'm safe to carry there why not every state?
Old 04-14-2006, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

For instance an M1 is considered an "assault rifle" in NY
Not so. Here is NY's definitioin...

1. Assault weapon means:
[ul][*]A semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following characteristics: [*]a folding or telescoping stock; [*]a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon; [*]a bayonet mount; [*]a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; [*]a grenade launcher.[*]a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least two of the following characteristics:[*]a folding or telescoping stock; [*]a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;[*]a fixed magazine capacity in excess of five rounds;[*]an ability to accept a detachable magazine.[*]A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following characteristics:[*]an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;[*]a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;[*]a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;[*]manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded.[*]A semiautomatic version of an automatic rifle, shotgun or firearm.[*]Any of the weapons, or functioning frames or receivers of such weapons, or copies or duplicates of such weapons, in any caliber, known as:[*]Norinco, Mitchell, and Poly Technologies Avtomat Kalashnikovs (All Models);[*]Action Arms Israeli Military Industries UZI and Galil;[*]Beretta Ar70 (SC-70);[*]Colt AR-15;[*]Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, and FNC;[*]SWD M-10, M-11, M-11/9, and M-12;[*]Steyr AUG;[*]INTRATEC TEC-9, TEC-DC9 and TEC-22; [*]revolving cylinder shotguns, such as (or similar to) the Street Sweeper and Striker 12.[*]Assault weapons does not include:[*]any rifle, shotgun or pistol that: is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever or slide action; or has been rendered permanently inoperable; or[*]An antique firearm as defined under federal law[*]A semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine that holds more than five rounds of ammunition;[*]A semiautomatic shotgun that cannot hold more than five rounds of ammunition in a fixed or detachable magazine; [*]A rifle, shotgun or pistol, or a replica or a duplicate thereof, specifically exempted from the federal assault weapon ban list as such weapon was manufactured on October 1, 1993. [/ul]

Quick Reply: PA. Gun Laws

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.