Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

DEER Population ,SHOCKER

Old 04-15-2006, 04:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: DEER Population ,SHOCKER

I hunt Clinton County, six of us 3 days never saw a deer , buck, doe, fawn, nada, and Clinton is called big woods County, the deer are not here, stop killing does......
Old 04-15-2006, 06:32 PM

Would you agree that, DCNR, with many more biologists, forests and people on the ground to evaluate what is happening in the woods does have a clue?

Is this the reason Susan stouts made the comment that she was only seeing about 25% of the forest regenerating in desired species.

This deer removal machine started in 2000 with the Alt and Grund deer model this same model now is claimed of having some errors with data results supplied in past years.2000 the forest was claimed to be only regenerating at a rate of 20% desired species.One dry summer and congratulations folks after eliminating all these deer we could be below the 2000 20% regeneration rate.The gain for NC pa was?
Old 04-16-2006, 09:57 AM

Clinton is called big woods County, the deer are not here
Clinton Cnty has some of the worst, in no the worst, habitat for deer in the state as well.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:59 AM

Susan Stouts does not work for DCNR.

Not following what you are getting at.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:41 AM
Fork Horn

Absolutly nothing illegal and possible I am mis-stating what he is telling me. I amto undestand that a farmer (in many statesincluding PA) can apply for a Deer Damage Control permit that allows that farmerto specify a # of animals to takeby legal means if the animals are effecting the crops - I think in PA it is the link program? Sopossibly byseveral methods you can take 4 deeron lands designatedsoley for damage control - I also knowthe lands are not open topublic hunting and this is onlyby special permission.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

In Pa,farmers can kill all they want as long as they live off of the farm.They can aslo enroll in the red tag program to get depredation permits for off-season hunting.On top of that,they can enroll in dmap and get 1 extra doe tag per 5 acres of agriculture land but each person can only get two dmap permits per hunter per property.I don't know of any program where they can get 4 extra tags per person.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:08 PM

Cardeer is in the Philly special reg area if I am correct. The other farm could be as well too. Basically buy as many tags as you want over the counter.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:30 PM

ORIGINAL: T_in_PA3

And there is no reason on earth I should have to be forced drive 400 miles to hunt when the ara I live could hold lots of deer.
400 miles puts you half way between Harrisburg and Pittsburgh. Alot of good hunting much closer to home.

Difficult to make a living off of farming with deer cutting into your crops. Difficult to make a living even with out the deer. Land prices are booming. 160 acre farm I have hunted sold for 6.5 million. Makes for a nice retirement or payment on another farm in another area/state.

I live between Pitts and harrisburgh..The deer population and hunting is not doing very good here.

160 acre farm sold for 6.5 mill..Your on drugs no freaking way..My relatives owned 300+acre dairy farm and was goanna sell for 3 mil..Don't BS us on prices of land...My boss just bought 100+ acres of wooded property with a house no farm land here all wooded for 185k...
Old 04-26-2006, 01:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

edited...
Old 04-26-2006, 05:55 AM

160 acre farm sold for 6.5 mill..Your on drugs no freaking way..My relatives owned 300+acre dairy farm and was goanna sell for 3 mil..Don't BS us on prices of land...My boss just bought 100+ acres of wooded property with a house no farm land here all wooded for 185k...
Don't question what you have no knowledge in. Land is going like crazy in certain areas. Most people would not find the price I listed a suprise. Location, location, location has a lot to do with land prices. I stand by the price for the 160 acres. I just wish Igot a piece of it.

Quick Reply: DEER Population ,SHOCKER

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.