Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Trout opener..

Old 04-11-2006, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default PA Trout opener..

I was jsut wondering where everyone will be going for the trout opener...

I will be heading home from college at IUP to fish with all my buddies as usual , i will be heading to twin lakes in westmoreland Co. If anyone is heading there i will be on the wall opposite of the boat house on the bottom lake , usually do amazing there on spinners , should be a beautiful day so the weather guy says too.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PA Trout opener..

I'll be home in bed!! I refuse to pay $9.00 for a stamp...[:@]
Old 04-11-2006, 10:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just bucked up $31 for a fishing license. I'll be totally thrilled on Saturday morning when I'm at Laurel Hill, elbow-to-butthole with no less than 7 zillion other guys, fighting over a 2-foot-deep hole full of 7" trout that I just throw back anyway. If I'm lucky, I'll get snagged or birds-nested on the first cast.

I'd have probably been better off to go out and spend $31 on Gordon's Breaded Fish Sticks and go scout for turkeys on Saturday,maybe shoot some groundhogs and work on my suntan.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

theres not a trout inmy local streams...im going shoottin
Old 04-11-2006, 02:24 PM
Fork Horn

Do you guys have a package deal with your licenses? In NY, I buy the "Super Sportsman's License" which includes all permissions and even 1 extra tag for bow. I get small game, fishing, bear, spring/fall turkey, bow, gun, and muzzleoader deer for $76.
Old 04-11-2006, 02:41 PM

Fishing and hunting are different licenses and agencies.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:43 PM

In CT, you can get a combination hunt and fish license. Resident Fishing and Small Game Firearms Hunting $28.00. Of course this doesn't include any tags for deer or other animals.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

im not too excited about this opener.......for 3 reasons.....first year ever dad didnt fish......and i never QUIT trout fishing since last year lol....i quit during hunting season for a little while...but that was about it...and i already caught the biggest trout of my life and it was this year....so if i head out it will be a local sewer creek at home...itll be pretty rediculous anywhere at home....and they ONLY stock the holes...they just stocked the one stream today....so they are surely going to be holed up still....good luck.....
Old 04-12-2006, 04:20 AM

im pretty excited for it. probably going to slippery rock creek... if not thorn creek
Old 04-12-2006, 05:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not that excited about the trout but I'll be at my camp in Tionesta Friday morning till Monday. Maybe Salmon creek, The Branch or Tionesta Creek.
If the weather stays warm, the crappies in my favorite honey hole will be turning on soon and we'll immediately forget the trout.

Quick Reply: PA Trout opener..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.