Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

TRASH IN WOODS

Old 03-21-2006, 05:49 PM

Default RE: TRASH IN WOODS

I hear where all you guys are coming from. My father and I hunt on private land and we find all sorts of garbage and junk out in the woods.

The worse part is that nobody else is supposed to be out there besides my father and I.

I guess this just shows that ifsomeone is dumb enough to disrespect posted property by crossing its boundries, then theyalso could be dumb enough to disrespect it by littering on it too. [&o][&o][&o]

I wish I could catch these people.
Old 03-31-2006, 06:20 PM

thank you all for the replies, i think my cargo pockets on my pants were made for picking up trash!

i dont expect everyone to do a full on military "police call" but see a bottle pick it up, see a can get your nickel! if you smoke "field strip" them at least but respect the land, the land will give back

again thank you all for your response

if you carry in 3 things bring out 6
Old 03-31-2006, 08:30 PM
Fork Horn

I always bring out my own trash, although I'll admit that I don't pick up other people's stuff. I will definately try to keep that in the back of my mind from now on though, just to grab a few things and do my part.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Great thread, too bad most don't adhere to these standards.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:09 AM

I just can understand why people will not pack out the trash. I try to grab trash as I come a across it. My fly fishing vest, and hip quiverhas cigarette butts in it from the last fewouttings( I always seem to forget to empty my pockets).
If people would just try to make the outdoors a little better then they found them we would all be better off. It takes what, about 2 seconds to stop and pick up an old soda can. That is pop for all the folks west of altoona,
Old 04-01-2006, 06:54 PM
Host of Hosts

This is a bigger problem than most of us realize. Not only are people leaving their crap in the woods, I see kids and some adults come out of convenience stores open their cigarette wrappers or candy bars and throw the packaging onto the ground. THERE WAS A TRASH CAN 2 FEET AWAY. I'm seeing more items thrown out of car windows too. What good are our littering laws if we don't once in a while fine some folks to get the word out that this is wrong. Maybe we needto bring back the Indian crying over polluted rivers commercials and put up "GIVE A HOOT, DON'T POLUTE" posters again like when we were younger. I' don't know it just irkes me when people toss their crap 2 feet away from a garbage can.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah I have to agree with you folks but here the problem is far bigger than that. Here it is becoming very common to go down a dirt road and find anything you can think of, sofas,chairs,tv sets,frigerators,etc. All because these bums do not want to pay the disposal fee. One place I went to bait trap I found an old freezer on the road in so I loaded it on the truck to use it to store bait fish in. It will be sadder when the roads are gated because of these bums. But, I couldn't find enough room to load all the crap being left out in the woods. Let alone the expense to hall it all to the dump for these bums.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:33 AM
Dominant Buck

I always pick up anything that shouldn't be there if I can carry it out in a game pouch, fanny pack or back pack. I do the same with ice fishing trash. It is hard to understand how someone can go out on the ice, enjoy a wonderful day of fishing and then leave beer/ pop bottles and sandwich wrappers on the ice. I keep a bucket in the back of the truck for picked up trash and it fills up in 2 or 3 days.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:59 AM
Fork Horn

My new fishing spot is so bad that I am thinking about actually spending a day there cleaning it up. I am just afraid it would be a waste of time. As soon as I see a ranger there, I am going to talk to him about it.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Flairball

I'm with you 100% on this. My truck ends up full of other peoples trash by the end of the season. What really makes me mad is watching some hunting show where the host keeps ejecting shells without looking or even mentioning one should carry out spent shells. This gives the non-hunting public the impression we don't really care about the outdoors.
Same hear!!! I hunt public land and I'm dealing with all the Baltimore,Dumbdalk, and Essex low lifes in mmy woods[:@]

Quick Reply: TRASH IN WOODS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.