Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

strange sightings youve seen

Old 03-23-2006, 04:48 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: strange sightings youve seen

An osprey catching trout is always cool to watch.
I saw an elk antler grown into a tree.
I watched a moose be born.
I shot a hen turkey w/ my bow this past fall, sat back down in my stand to wait for a deer. (the bird fell within sight) I look back towards my bird and there is a redtail sitting on MY turkey wings spread claiming the bird. I stood up and was able to scare him off before he got an easy lunch.

Heck I see cool stuff every time I go out.
Old 03-23-2006, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I once saw a turtle, but he was moving to fast to get a shot.

Old 03-23-2006, 04:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

While bowhunting one morning about 8 years ago, I saw a person in a horse suit go running past my stand.

I did a little detective work, and I found out that one of my buddies had access to the high school mascot's uniform, and since they're the only ones who knew where I was at, I'm pretty sure that's who it was. It was a pretty good practical joke, because I was really wondering WTF?He never did fess up to it, but he thinks it's pretty funny when I ask...

It's not every day that you see a guy in a horse suit run past your stand.

The funniest part was thathe must've really been afraid that I'd shoot him, sohe ran past at about 40 yards, and he was really hoofing it down the hill... haha

I was mad that they screwed up my bowhunt at first, but looking back, it was pretty darn funny. Like something from TriggerHappy TV.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:51 AM
Fork Horn

The real scary part is that in many woods he would probably have a 1 in 2 chance of getting shot.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:09 AM
Fork Horn

Quicksilver, I hunt with some pretty wacky guys, and we have lots of fun, but that has to be one of the best woods stories I have ever heard! I wish you had some pictures!
Old 03-24-2006, 02:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

There's no way I'd have been able to take a picture it all happened too fast. I heard the brush and leaves rustling,so Igrabbed my bow and got ready.I caught glimpses of white really gettin' it down through the thicket, and then he hit the open woods on a full-bore run!! I just kinda stood there holding my bow like a completeidiotwith my release on the stringand my mouth hanging open, wondering W T F? I thought I was on candid camera or something. I still can't believe they pulled that off.

You're right, Nord -You've gotta be a little loose to put ona fur suit in deer season and run through the woods, even if it is white with blue and red trim.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

i saw 4 deer the other day in wmu 2g of the great hunting state of pa.yes, that was a strange sighting.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:34 PM
jf5

ORIGINAL: sproulman

i saw 4 deer the other day in wmu 2g of the great hunting state of pa.yes, that was a strange sighting.
Very funny!
Old 03-31-2006, 06:10 PM

this morning i saw 1 hen and 2 toms in full strut on the way to work, stuck in traffic but got to watch them go at it, totally awsome, about 10 feet from the side of the road, i wanted to get out and tackle one of them, i aint afraid of some spurs! bring em on!
Old 03-31-2006, 06:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

hehe

Quick Reply: strange sightings youve seen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.