Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

strange sightings youve seen

Old 03-20-2006, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: strange sightings youve seen

Prolly one of the coolest things I ever saw was an albino red tail hawk. I was down hunting at the Pymatuning Reservoir in Crawford County, PA when my uncle pointed him out to me sitting in a tree across a field. I had never heard of it before, but appearently it has been around there for a long time. A neat sight for sure.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:14 PM

thank you all for your replies, you know some people never see the beauty of nature, or take it for granted. i see a woodlot with healthy trees and game tracks full of life, and others see the vines and weeds and trash, its how you perceive it.

i went fishing today (took the day off work) didnt catch anything but saw lots of critters even a giant muskrat or some big brown critter, i took my son with me and really had a nice time in the outdoors, good family time spent
Old 03-20-2006, 08:17 PM

Many years agoI was huntingFranklin County In Pa. I was sitting in a wind fall when I heard a noise in the leavesbehind me. I turned thinking it was deer, instead it was a horse and a pony. There tails were a big as bushel baskets from burrs,leavesand sticks tangled in them. I put down myrifle andwalked to them with my hand out, the pony stepped back but the horse let me walk up and pet him. AsI petted the horseI gathered a hand full of it'smain. I then mounted this horse.It stood there for about 3 seconds, then it bucked one time and took off down the mountain as fast as it could go. About 50 yd's later it brushed a tree and I went off. The pony run over top ofmewith out hurting me. I hunted that same spot many years and lots oftimes after that and neverheard or seen them again.[/align]
Old 03-20-2006, 10:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

most of you wont find this too amazing but I thought it was cool. I saw a Hawk swoop down in front of me and snatch up a squirrel, then I saw him entirely peck all of the fur off of it and eat it right in front of my bowstand. People who do not hunt cannot understand how neat some of the things you see while out hunting.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:23 PM

I think I like this one best
I saw Bigfoot chasing a mountain lion that was attacking a wolf.And it was in New York

And of course this one too
I'm sure they crossed the border into PA!!!!

Old 03-21-2006, 03:08 PM
jf5

I'll avoid the longstory. But once saw a pissed of doe chase a femalecoyote and her three pups into a river after they attacked her fawn...

Saw a northern Pike eat two ducklings in one swirl...

Seenmany bald eagles....including one swoop down on ducklings.
Old 03-21-2006, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

For me I guess it would be a young bald eagle. I really can't remember anything else off the top of my head, although I must have come across somethingfreakier than that
Old 03-21-2006, 05:13 PM

One Time in the middle of no where i came across grave stones from people from the 1800s. There were 3 of them all still standing. I thought it was pretty cool.
Old 03-22-2006, 06:46 PM

Was sitting in my stand early on a Saturday morning a few years back and had a coyote come flying in on a direct line right at me. He got about ten yards away andstoppedon a dime when he noticed me sitting up in the tree directly in front of him.Unfortunately it was the last day of bow season and he never really stopped moving, just high tailed it out of there. It was the first coyote I can remember seeing in the woods. Too bad it wasn't Monday morning, or I'd have had a trophy.
Old 03-22-2006, 06:58 PM

This past archery season while in my stand when lite finally came, a young hawk kept flying low to my head going from one tree to the next on either side of me. Well after about the fourth swoop, I realized that the bugger was making swoops at my wool beanie on my head as this was second season archery. At the fifth swoop I finally stood up and waved my arms and he left for good!!

Quick Reply: strange sightings youve seen

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.