Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Maine

Old 03-04-2006, 11:39 PM
Typical Buck

Default Maine

hey guys booking my maine trip on monday... boy am i excited...cant wait for those big bucks!!! Ok now i need to make a ch3ecklist of everything i should bring ...well make some suggestions ex; calls, scents, etc
Old 03-05-2006, 01:16 AM

Default RE: Maine

IM ORIGINALLY FROM MILLINOCKET MAINE AT THE FOOT OF MT KATHADIN AND I CAN TELL YOU THIS, MAINE IS NOT THE EASIEST STATE FOR DEER HUNTING. YOU HAVE TO BE PREPARED FOR HARD HUNTING. WHAT PART ARE YOU GOING TO?
Old 03-05-2006, 04:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

What part of Maine and what week? This can make a difference.
And yes someparts hard very hard to see them in other parts are not that bad.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck.Last time I was there your lucky to see 1 deer every week
Old 03-05-2006, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you are going downeast you should see some deer! Not familair with the rest of the state. A friend of mine shot a nice buck in Jackman last year...
Old 03-05-2006, 06:34 AM

Maine is a huge state, especially compared to the other New England states. I haven't hunted there in many years and there are some very different areas you can go. From hardwood ridges, to farm land and cedar swamps. If you don't already have one, get a good GPS and know how to use it. The most successful hunters in those regions track their deer. If you’re into that, get a good pair of Lacrosse or Muck boots and plan on hiking.Consider a good quality survival kit.

I am nottrying to scare anyone, butI've never hunted an area that can get you turned around quicker then the swamps of Maine. There aren’t many land marks to keep track of.

I loved hunting there but it is very hard work. If you’re successful in Maine, you’ve really accomplished something.

Good luck and hope for snow!
Old 03-05-2006, 10:26 AM

YOU SHOULD DEFINATELY BRING A CAMERA. THATS WHAT I GO WITH, THATS HOW I GET TO POST SUCH WONDERFULL PICS THAT SOOOOOOOOOOO MANY GUYS ARE HERE ARE JEALOUS OF. IF PEOPLE JUST TOOK MY ADVISE AND BROUGHT A CAMERA WITH THEM EVERYWHERE THEY WENT, THEN THERE WOULD BE ALOT LESS CONFUSION.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:28 AM
Typical Buck

im goin to patten, maine and i've hunted hard in thick woods before... u ever hun in the adirondacks? lol yeh im goin the last 2 weeks of november
Old 03-05-2006, 10:30 AM
Typical Buck

i have a lowrance i hunt... not too comfy with it yet very cimplicated but worth every penny just gotta get better with it
Old 03-05-2006, 10:58 AM
Typical Buck

????

Quick Reply: Maine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.