Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Anyone seen PA harvest #'s for 05?

Old 02-14-2006, 01:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Anyone seen PA harvest #'s for 05?

I'm sure they are out by now. Anyone seen the PADeer Kill Numbers yet? Primarily for Buck Season.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:05 PM

Default RE: Anyone seen PA harvest #'s for 05?

Nobody has seen them because they aren't out yet.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

They may be out. Try looking on the PGC site. I've read where they are talking about reducing the anterless allocations. I wonder if they will or are they BSing us again. I hope they start listening to the hunters out there instead of those DCNR people.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Not out yet. These guys count real slow and then they must fudge and put a twist on the numbers to make themselves look good and of course always right and smarter then the experienced Hunter. Do you really Know how many of them clowns actually hunt any amount of time.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:30 PM

Every year... let me repeat... EVERY YEAR for the last who knows how many of years the PGC has released harvest numbers in the middle of March.
Old 02-15-2006, 03:48 AM

ORIGINAL: cardeer

Not out yet. These guys count real slow and then they must fudge and put a twist on the numbers to make themselves look good and of course always right and smarter then the experienced Hunter. Do you really Know how many of them clowns actually hunt any amount of time.
Not the problem. The problem with the "fudge factor" is that guys who call themselves sportsmen don't send in their report cards and then want to blame the game commission for not having perfect statistics. There are clowns, cardeer, but you need to look closer to home to find them. Try a mirror. Do you send your reports in? Do you know other "sportsmen" who don't? If you don't or you know others who don't, you are part of the problem. For the record, I have sent in harvest reports on every deer I have taken since I started hunting in 1954. I guess J. K. Gramp said it best when he called the game commission "The Blame Commission."
Old 02-15-2006, 06:49 AM

i think pa needs to get the phone-in check station like va. I am from pa but live in va now and i shot 2 deer down here this year. you call it in and they give you a confirmation number. All of it is automated and would give deer harvest numbers up to date. Seems like a good idea to me.....just don't know how much money it would cost but who knows how much it costs to hire people to take in those cards and add them up.

As for the deer harvest numbers, I would like to know the "calculation" they use for the "actual" numbers. It is some formula that takes into count the number of cards received to a percentage of ones not received. Like for every one card they receive, they predict that .2 or something don't.

I never think they will get an actual count in pa though because of what the others said. Some people tag the deer but then forget to send in the card. I did it by mistake one year and that is why I like the VA system a lot more. The deer is not tagged unless you get a confirmation from the game commission. When you take your deer to the butcher, he asks what is the confirmation number. Makes sense to me.......
Old 02-15-2006, 06:54 AM
Fork Horn

They haven't consulted the magic Genie in the bottleand Punxy Philyet...they have never known what the harvest is and to be honest about it they really don't care...the only number they care about is how many licenses are sold..PERIOD, now that has been affected big time..but for those of us that spend time out there we know the numbers are way way way way down...just in the number of shots we hear..it's no where near the number that it used to be when it was bucks only..HR has worked and the hunters that carried out their wishes are to be congratulated..they did a fantastic job..thank god for all the now posted land, without some of the dispersal off of it, hunting would be over on all open land.....after 38 years this was my last one in my beloved state of confusion...and now their giving these freekin' vulture two turkey tags...you might as well give them a thousand..GOD help the few sportsmen left here...
Old 02-15-2006, 07:26 AM

Now we are predicting the number licenses sold by the number of shots we here.... Ohhhh brother.....
Old 02-15-2006, 07:38 AM
Fork Horn

Wake up T in PA 3..not the number of licenses but the amount of shots at game..if you think it's anywhere near the number you heard in the 70's-80's-90's your dreamin'...get your head out of the sand...the game lands and state and national forests are almost completely devoid of deer..those of you that hunt on private land have no clue what the rest of us are going through...just like giving the PGC credit for all those monster bucks that are starting to show up...they have nothing to do with it..it's the "POSTED" signs that are the contributing factor !! ....oh BROTHER !!!!!

Quick Reply: Anyone seen PA harvest #'s for 05?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.